A2 prices..

DaveySprocket

A2OC Donor
I was just having a look on Autotrader at the petrol models and couldn’t believe what values are doing, I guess it’s partly ULEZ compliance?

This one is nice, but not amazing and they are asking £9,999!

This FSI is really nice..

Without any doubt ULEZ has shifted petrol models’ values substantially over the past few years. When I sold my TDI for a petrol, one year before ULEZ kicked in, I was able to pick up my 1.4 petrol (immaculate, OSS, 60K miles) for just £2.1K. Not a chance today…

Scarcity of well kept, unmolested, low miles petrol models on the market did the rest.

Having said that, £10K for that 1.4 petrol in that condition, with that mileage and number of previous owners, redefines the meaning of optimism and greed 🤣

What we dont know is what they sell for eventually, in the end they may be going for £5k not £8k, but the trend is upwards thats the main pattern. Seems the FSI is the the one earmarked as the "gti" collector edition.

Personally i like the storms and would have thought they would be the ones to go up seeing as they were the limited editions or the only real version 'edition;' of the marque. Bit like colour concept golfs.

What we dont know is what they sell for eventually, in the end they may be going for £5k not £8k, but the trend is upwards thats the main pattern. Seems the FSI is the the one earmarked as the "gti" collector edition.

Personally i like the storms and would have thought they would be the ones to go up seeing as they were the limited editions or the only real version 'edition;' of the marque. Bit like colour concept golfs.
@Malcyb is twice blessed then.
Mac.

And that ruined sport seat defo not 10k . Similar milage nice red Audi TT went for 16k last year in tip top fully restore condition. And there was a proper bidding war for it

I think our cars bottomed out in price 5/6 years ago.

Out of interest around that time I inquired with BMW and Audi about a trade in, and was offered £500, and to be fair at that time it was not worth much more.

But to me my 1.4 petrol with 58k miles is priceless.

I really don't understand how if the petrols are ULEZ compliant, then why is the road tax £210? The TDI is not ULEZ compliant yet the road tax is £35, how does that make any sense.. 🤔

I really don't understand how if the petrols are ULEZ compliant, then why is the road tax £210? The TDI is not ULEZ compliant yet the road tax is £35, how does that make any sense.. 🤔
It's nox output levels that's the issue, CO2 was a stupid way to guage emissions as its a life giver as trees absorb it and give us oxygen. Many rabbit holes and arguments exist on this thou and I am not intelligent enough to really understand.

Back in the days when road tax was changed, CO2 was seen as bad as it contributed to global warming. And there are still hair-brain schemes to suck it out of the air and store it underground (think of the energy needed to do that).

Now it is realised that particulate matter consisting of tiny particles known as PM2.5 are a killer with more immediate impact - see case of child who lived near the South Circular Road in Lewisham, south-east London, and died in 2013. Diesels pump out a lot more PM2.5s and it's particularly potent when concentrated in cities and its hot.

Another pollutant that diesels emit more than petrol is nitrogen dioxide (NO2)

Why the vehicle tax is not revamped I do not know. Politics I suppose.

I agree. Very odd.
Petrol 40mpg tops. Diesel 65mpg!
The road tax for A2s is based on old emission system first time introduce around 20 years ago. Basicaly it's all about co2.The less co2 you produce for a mile the less tax you pay.

Back