Can you measure your Dipstick for me

terrywindy1

A2OC Donor
Hi I replacing my FSI dipstick end with a new one from depronman
And I need the measurement to the high and low oil levels from the underside of the dipstick handle
Part number is 8ZO 115 611 M

I always thought that Paul's @depronman replacement ends were suitable for all engine types, as the "min" and "max" marks are in the same place. It is the length of the "wire" that ensures the dipstick sits correctly in the oil.

Paul @depronman can you confirm your replacement dipstick ends are suitable for all engines. If not please correct me.

Cheers mate.

I had always assumed the same
I know the tdi’s are all the same but not owning an FSI I can’t be sure

Hence the request for the measurements such that a small amount of metal can be removed if necessary
Once we understand I can make FSI specific ends if need be to save cutting the wire

Cheers. Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Paul, that has explained the confirmation needed on the FSI. Or they could drill out the end a little more rather than cut the wire if sitting too low in the sump. Or to make it sit lower into the sump a simple ball bearing of suitable diameter placed inside the tip before glueing it on.

Thanks Paul, that has explained the confirmation needed on the FSI. Or they could drill out the end a little more rather than cut the wire if sitting too low in the sump. Or to make it sit lower into the sump a simple ball bearing of suitable diameter placed inside the tip before glueing it on.

There is a little leeway to drill the end deeper maybe 4 to 5 mm. The hole is 3mm dia
I’m sure terry will post the dimension once his new dipstick arrives
If I could ask for a pm in case I mis it on this thread that would be excellent I will then adjust the plastic end for the FSI

Thanks all
Paul

Finally got my new Fsi dipstick today
Big difference in length
New part number is 8ZO 115 611P
The dipstick taken from fsi with White end is
8ZO 115 611MView attachment 68664 Which one is correct?
20200818_113605.jpg
20200818_113605.jpg

Attachments

• 20200818_113546.jpg
    20200818_113546.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 183
I can modify the dip stick end for the fsi to suit. It was done for the tdi originally as research suggested that all the ends are the same. This is obviously not true
If you can provide the measurement from the end cable end to the full and low level marks and the dimension from the orange plastic end to say the full mark then that would be great and will help other out

Cheers. Paul

Looking at the pictures of the two dipstick together either the new one is wrong or the original was wrong because on the original one the end had broken off and if you look where this would have been it is much lower than the new one
Possibly a mod to run more oil in the engine-only an educated guess
Or the original or new dipstick is wrong

Paul

Hope these measurements will do?
Another problem is dipstick end is too big and will not fit into the sump
Largest diameter on FSI is 5.80mm
20200818_212411.jpg
20200818_212510.jpg
20200818_212328.jpg
20200818_212055.jpg
20200818_212328.jpg
20200818_212510.jpg
20200818_212411.jpg

Could you take a couple more measurement please. One from the underside of the orange part. I.e. were the dipstick sears on the top of the tub to the full mark
And another from the full to empty. Looks to about 11mm but difficult to read with the camera angle

Are you certain that dipstick is for your engine? Is it a genuine part? does it have visible part numbers on it? According to the list @Vic has posted the part number at least is suitable for the BBY and BAD engine codes.

Hi, I have a broken oil dipstick for my 2002 1.4 petrol ( late AUA).
I am thinking on how to proceed.
Either I will manufacturer a new myself, or pay very much money to buy one from Audi tradition, Audi dont have them anymore.
The part number of my stick is: 8Z0115611H.
It has been superseded by 8Z0115611R.
These are exclusive to the 2002 AUA.

Could someone be so kind to make photos of your H or R stick please and post it here?
Please make photos measuring like this ( this happens to be from my M stick for a BBY btw):

P_20240505_201927.jpg
P_20240505_201921.jpg

Last edited:
Back