Today I.....

Today I gave Graham is 1.4 petrol back with new water pump gates timing belts and tensioner and g13 antifreeze
Also replaced the fuse cover clips
Old belt was mis timed by a tooth on both belt so it should run better now
Also have it new oil and air filters and. Ice clean oil
It’s one of the sweetest running 1.4 petrols that I have seen in recent years on a par with Ian’s after the cylinder head change

Then to finish of the weekend I made 10 fuel filter rain screws

Get your orders in whilst I have stock
Cheers. Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Today I drove Cornwall to Nottingham, family stop plus pop in to @sciroccorrado to pick up some A1 alloys (thanks Jeremy), 69mpg for the day (still running cold, thermostat next job). Next stop Newton Aycliffe. If I keep on doing this car up I may need to start a project thread :eek:

Today I have Graham is 1.4 petrol back with new water pump gates timing belts and tensioner and g13 antifreeze
Also replaced the fuse cover clips
Old belt was mis timed by a tooth on both belt so it should run better now
Also have it new oil and air filters and. Ice clean oil
It’s one of the sweetest running 1.4 petrols that I have seen in recent years on a par with Ian’s after the cylinder head change

Then to finish of the weekend I made 10 fuel filter rain screws

Get your orders in whilst I have stock
Cheers. Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking forward to getting the oil and filter changed in mine next Sunday at the Depronman service centre.
I suppose I might as well get an air filter too whilst the undertray is off.

....Finally got fed up with the poor reception with the silly little stick on antenna on my Pure DAB 600.
I decided to have a bit of an experiment by pulling apart one of the stick on ones and fitting a flat metal connector in the plug housing, attaching an external DAB aerial to it and temporarily sticking the base of the aerial to the top edge of the rear hatch glass.
It's only a cheapo aerial but it's made a huge difference to the signal. Went for a test run, and I'm no longer getting dropouts in the known bad areas near to home.
Next step is to get a better quality aerial and tidy the installation up a bit.
The main DAB unit now lives in the passenger side "A" pillar trim.

I bought one of these. The aerial wire runs from the mirror down the A pillar to the front of the handbrake. The unit sits on a magnetic stalk 3M taped to the plastic center tunnel.
Reviews are mixed. Works fine for me.

Pop3

Last edited by a moderator:
A1 wheels balanced, small repair done and fitted, looking forward to a better all round ride.
A025A864-6C50-46C3-9B01-E5B668369985.jpeg

Last edited:
....... Took the wee yin for an MOT.

Pass with no advisories. Again ?

I had intended getting the wishbones changed as preventative maintenance however one of the bolts has started to strip the thread when we removed it. So another couple of parts required before that job gets done. ??

Attachments

• IMG_20190820_111105.jpg
    IMG_20190820_111105.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 259
have you thought about the DAB aerial that I fitted to mine. Been nothing but impressed with it
Write up is on A2OC somewhere
I also use a Pure, but a little older than yours (Pure Highway Drive Digital In-Car DAB Digital Radio & Audio Adaptor)
The Aerial I got was from dabonwheels.co.uk Kinetic DEGA-T4002
As a bonus the auto dimming mirror cable tidy hides the aerial pickup

Paul

Hi Paul - I had this chat with you and you told me it wouldnt work ;)

....Finally got fed up with the poor reception with the silly little stick on antenna on my Pure DAB 600.
I decided to have a bit of an experiment by pulling apart one of the stick on ones and fitting a flat metal connector in the plug housing, attaching an external DAB aerial to it and temporarily sticking the base of the aerial to the top edge of the rear hatch glass.
It's only a cheapo aerial but it's made a huge difference to the signal. Went for a test run, and I'm no longer getting dropouts in the known bad areas near to home.
Next step is to get a better quality aerial and tidy the installation up a bit.
The main DAB unit now lives in the passenger side "A" pillar trim.
]

I've got the 600 unit stuck to the rear n/s window and own one of those aerials that Paul has quoted.

If you are trying out keep us updated - i'm toiling still with reception and keen to understand if the aerial Paul has mentioned will indeed work better than the stick on!

Back