What's your A2's name?

Mines just ‘the white one’; Mikes yellow A2 was you’ve guessed it ‘the yellow one’ and likewise the Akoya Silver one is ‘the silver one’ or sometimes referred to as Darren’s old car

My wife immediately named ours ‘Fairy’ after seeing the Reg. NNF.

Come on everyone has heard of ‘fair enough’!

It hasn’t really stuck with me as driving around in a fairy is not the image I was looking for.
Geoff

Referred to lovingly as 'the A2' by me, but called 'embarrassing' or 'ugly' by my kids... luckily the car can't hear them.

Here are the stories relating to mine...

Silver FSI Sport owned from new, the one that had the sad ending of the unpiloted drive down the hill when the handbrake failed. Not sure why never named which is very sad really as it went on to become a donor in parts to more than 50 A2s.

'Grey2' was the Dolpin Grey TDi 75 - (recently sold again in the North East - hope someone on here owns him again)

and now 'Merlin' Cherry Red TDi 90 - many, many owners so not sure how the name arose!

Hilary

Three weeks in from buying our first A2 purchase decided to call it .....

"Hi Ho Silver" Lone Rangers trusty steed

I've only ever named one other car, that was an awful Alfa Romeo aptly named "The s**tter"

Anyway Hi Ho is part of the family

I have Freddo, because the previous owner put spacers on the back and lowering suspension and to me it looks like a frog from the back (Freddo=chocolate frog) I also have Freda because she is red and lastly Fred (scrapper) because Fred's dead baby, lol.

People I work with all called it “lemon” when it had a few little problems and they still call it that so I guess that would be the name for mine, maybe it needs a colour change to match the name

Back