Information Does the A2 have a bump/crash sensor

Memphis

An odd thing happened today.
I pulled into a parking space ,it was an end bay with kerb to the right. I lightly bumped the kerb with the driver's side wheel. After that I could not engage any gears and the engine would not rev. Turned off ignition and started engine again and everything was back to normal.
Does the A2 have a safety cut out or bump sensor ????.

An odd thing happened today.
I pulled into a parking space ,it was an end bay with kerb to the right. I lightly bumped the kerb with the driver's side wheel. After that I could not engage any gears and the engine would not rev. Turned off ignition and started engine again and everything was back to normal.
Does the A2 have a safety cut out or bump sensor ????.

It does but these are in the airbag controlled, this also wouldn’t affect the gears in anyway as these are solely mechanical.

If the airbags deploy it will cut fuel but this wouldn’t be relevant to what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum :)

An interesting question with no obvious answer as to a cause, except that it's not the airbag controller. I wonder if there are any similar experiences out there amongst our members?

Welcome to the forum :)

An interesting question with no obvious answer as to a cause, except that it's not the airbag controller. I wonder if there are any similar experiences out there amongst our members?
Thank you both for your input.
Plugged in my icarsoft scanner this morning and the only fault code that came up was the Engine ECU. Most bizzare what happened yesterday, thanks again for your replies.
Memphis.

You may have a problem but I think you have to consider the possibility that kerbing the wheel was completely coincidental. Nor can I see why gear selection (purely mechanical) can have any relation to engine speed (electronically controlled). A VCDS scan would probably show something.

Trevor

Back