My plans - advice needed

You can still stream podcasts, music etc. via the AnyCar BT streamer device, and not lose sound quality, plus it's much cheaper as no hacking of centre console, having a stereo that just looks out of place etc.
I was looking at the AnyCar bluetooth unit, is it a pain to install, the removing of the cd player unit and all that?

Thanks everyone! From the answers you’ve kindly given I have a better set of questions :)

1. Front fog lamps
On their way, will fit the same time as the dash cage while the dash is off.

2. CarPlay
It sounds like I have three options:
- Replace the dash cage (but not the whole dash?) with one that supports the double DIN symphony unit? Ordered from eBay.
- Looking at this for the head unit.

3. Steering wheel

4. New alloys + spare/tires

DONE, thanks to @PlasticMac
View attachment 66984

5. Seats

6. Rear Camera/Reversing sensors
- Will fit a rear camera once the head unit is done.
Those wheels look great, I am looking to replace mine too. What size did you go with, and where did you get them please?

I was looking at the AnyCar bluetooth unit, is it a pain to install, the removing of the cd player unit and all that?

It's a pretty simple job once you know what to do...

1) Remove stereo using Stereo removal tools (please don't try to use screwdrivers...) - Best to get Audi Official ones are only about £10 from a dealer
2) Route wires to put AnyCar unit at the front (I usually put it in the receptacle below glovebox
3) Plug into back of Stereo
4) Connect earth wire to back of stereo (probably need Torx screwdriver, very small)
5) Reconnect stereo and press CD button...
6) Away you go

1) Remove stereo using Stereo removal tools (please don't try to use screwdrivers...) - Best to get Audi Official ones are only about £10 from a dealer
2) Route wires to put AnyCar unit at the front (I usually put it in the receptacle below glovebox
4) Connect earth wire to back of stereo (probably need Torx screwdriver, very small)
6) Away you go
Thanks for the tips. Does the AnyCar unit get hidden behind when everything gets closed up, or does it stay outside?

6) Away you go
You get a decent pair of extractor keys with the AnyCarLink kit (along with the hands free mic) . No need to spend your pennies.
All hidden, but put it somewhere, like the glove box, so you can access the SD card and USB socket.
Mac.

They’re 16” from an Audi TT, I bought them from @PlasticMac so try the market place here.
The tyres are wider, 205, from 175 I think, so they‘re a little louder, and do take a little more power out the engine but the grip is awesome :)

Those wheels look great, I am looking to replace mine too. What size did you go with, and where did you get them please?

Nice!! Is it a pretty straight swap with the current switch? Looks like the form factor is the same.
@Darpod14 , @Birchall , @Mightyleader and anyone else interested. Ref the auto light switches. currently there is a listing on ebay for the bluetooth version and a listing for the non bluetooth auto lights switch. The listing numbers are 163620007846 for the bluetooth version and 303450125171 for the plain one.

Yes, and no. Physically the rear of the switch is identical. The front of the switch is different in that it has its own indicator frontage to it. The options are to either remove this from the new switch and insert the rest into the existing fascia from the old switch, but this then makes the lights on the panel not correspond to the switch position. Or cut away the existing fascia and fit the whole new switch with its frontage, that way everything lines up.

Back