Bespoke A2 Footrest Group Order

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for fitting, I see this footrest having a hole drilled at each corner so we can choose our own bolt/screw and simply screw into the existing plastic footrest.
I have used 3M VHB tape on a wide range of applications. Its grip is tenacious and I would think that it alone would hold this plate securely in place. I'll almost certainly be having one of these.

David

Morning all

I have requested an updated quote with VAT specified to see if it was already included in the first quote or was forgotten about.

Additionally I have asked for brushed stainless steel to be used. Choosing a different material is certainly doable but not sure if they will supply a brushed finish, time will tell I suppose.

If we were unable to get them with a brush finish I think I might be able to make a simple Jig to give them the required finish. I watched this clip to understand how simple a task it could actually be. Don’t be too bothered about the finish this guy gets on his metal plate. I’m more thinking of using his idea to make a simple jig to give our footrests a brushed look. I will be using a much finer grade paper with WD40 as a lubricant. Happy to take comments on how to achieve a brushed look as I’ve not done this before.

More details on the updated quote soon as I have it.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hello everyone,

In the next hour or so I will add the spreadsheet to show where we are with numbers for this group order. You will see the monetary figures on there but these are yet to be finalised as Cut-Tec need the CAD file, it won’t change much though.

The postage cost of £4.20 is for MyHermes standard delivery @ 1-2kg. I know the footrests will be nowhere near this but I need to consider additional weight to strengthen the item to ensure it’s not bent in transit to your A2. If I can send it cheaper then I of course will. As stated previously, this is a non profit venture for me.

You’ll see the empty fields regards address supplied and payment received. Please just ignore there for now as this is just for my own use to understand where I am with the proceedings.

The packaging field will have a monetary value but I don’t know what this yet as I am yet to finalise what will be used.

If we reach a number close to the 115 to get the cheaper option, it is quite clear that getting these to your treasured aluminium friends will be more expensive than the footrest itself. Hopefully this doesn’t put anyone off of the idea as I think these items will look terrific fitted down at your feet. To keep costs down you are most welcome at 2Work Towers for a chat and collect your footrest.

Keep showing your interest and I’ll update the spreadsheet.

Kind regards,

Tom

Last edited:
Hello again,

As promised, here is the list of interested members so far:

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 11.04.02.png

A total of 20 footrests spoken for which is a really great start, thank you so much. Im sure over the next week or so this figure will increase. If it doesn't then I will have to ask the members in the list above if they are still interested in having one of these footrests at the increased price of £5.20 and Ill go for the £150 option for 29 footrests.

I know this is very early days and am hopeful that the number of interest will grow to enable us to go for the cheaper option.

Kind regards,

Tom

Great idea Tom ? I think it far from impossible that any remainder of the initial batch would go in the Shop - after all, we did the same for the 20th Anniversary stickers. Presumably we could also re-order from Cut-Tec if required.

Meanwhile I'd definitely be interested in one, posted please.
This is very reassuring Ian thank you,

Exactly the same situation was followed with the Club Number Plate Surrounds a few gears ago. I only managed to sell just over half so the other half from the minimum order went to Theresa and into the Club Shop. I know Theresa run out of stock and has since purchased a further batch from the supplier.

Interest in 20 in the first evening is very promising though. Hopefully this figure increases over the next week or 2.

Behind the scene can I please ask you to have a chat with all concerned to get a minimum figure I need to find interest in and what ‘you’, the Club, are willing to pay for and take into the shop.

If such a figure was able to be published within this thread then that might encourage members to go for showing their interest to make this happen.

Kind regards,

Tom

Last edited:
This is very reassuring Ian thank you,

Exactly the same situation was followed with the Club Number Plate Surrounds a few gears ago. I only managed to sell just over half so the other half from the minimum order went to Theresa and into the Club Shop. I know Theresa run out of stock and has since purchased a further batch from the supplier.

Interest in 20 in the first evening is very promising though. Hopefully this figure increases over the next week or 2.

Behind the scene can I please ask you to have a chat with all concerned to get a minimum figure I need to find interest in and what ‘you’, the Club, are willing to pay for and take into the shop.

If such a figure was able to be published within this thread then that might encourage members to go for showing their interest to make this happen.

Kind regards,

Tom
I've started an Admin conversation about this and will get back to you.

Afternoon all,

Updated interest list:

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 13.51.21.png

27 footrests spoken for within the first 24 hours it truly amazing, it really is.

It looks like this is now 100% going to happen, right now it will be at the higher price of £5.20 but with aloft more interest it will drop to the price as per the spreadsheet.

Please do keep showing your interest people.

Kind regards,

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back