Fog lights?

Hi all, just a quick question, is it normal for front fog lights to be coming on when the light switch is in the auto position and it's dark enough the lights come on? When the switch is in the normal "on" position they seem to act normally, "pull once for fronts/twice for rears also" sorry if it's a noob question πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ‘πŸ»

Hi all, just a quick question, is it normal for front fog lights to be coming on when the light switch is in the auto position and it's dark enough the lights come on? When the switch is in the normal "on" position they seem to act normally, "pull once for fronts/twice for rears also" sorry if it's a noob question πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ‘πŸ»
Evening gary,

The simple answer is no the front fog lights should not be illuminating when the auto headlamp switch is in the auto position.

That said, if it's the Bluetooth variety then I recall there being a setting where you could do this, cannot check for you as the iPhone/Android app is yet to work with recent mobile devices firmware updates. Additionally the front fog lights might well be wired up as DRLs, best speak to the previous owner to understand what might have been changed other wise you'll be chasing things for a while to work out what might have been done.

Kind regards,

Tom

Evening gary,

The simple answer is no the front fog lights should not be illuminating when the auto headlamp switch is in the auto position.

That said, if it's the Bluetooth variety then I recall there being a setting where you could do this, cannot check for you as the iPhone/Android app is yet to work with recent mobile devices firmware updates. Additionally the front fog lights might well be wired up as DRLs, best speak to the previous owner to understand what might have been changed other wise you'll be chasing things for a while to work out what might have been done.

Kind regards,

Tom
Thanks Tom, good ideaπŸ‘πŸ»

Evening gary,

Kind regards,

Tom
Hi Tom, yes you were quite correct, it is the way they've been setup with the app, as DRLs πŸ‘πŸ»

Hi Tom, yes you were quite correct, it is the way they've been setup with the app, as DRLs πŸ‘πŸ»
Hello Gary,

Glad to have got to the bottom of it. Hopefully you have a device that’s not been updated for a while that will still work with the CFA App. I cannot remember if there is a manual factory reset for the BT version. I’ll have a dig around in the garage after work tomorrow evening to see if I can help further.

Kind regards,

Tom

Back