abs

1. beachedolphin

Mysterious ABS Fault

Hi folks, Yesterday I got a very slight grind from the front end then the dash desided to light up with three warning lights triangle with circle round it, the ABS then a red circle in the middle instrument cluster with three beeps and then the brake peddle went a little light and spongey...
  2. S

Warning Light ABS? Brakes? Unsure

Hi everyone, It happens pretty much every drive now, where the beep shouts at me and this comes up: My most likely guess is a faulty ABS sensor? Although I'm really not sure. Could anyone identify this? Thanks much, -Saff
  3. Mightyleader

Brakes frustration after VCDS bleed, advice appreciated

Morning all, I'm really frustrated with the brakes on Diane right now, and would love some advice. Recently, I had the callipers replaced on the front disks as they old ones were causing binding and the pistons were in a sad state. I had the repair done by a competent local mobile mechanic and...
  4. Mightyleader

Fun with ABS warning and finding parts...

We're just in the process of moving house, to leafy Haslemere. Last weekend I was at our old flat, had seen the removals people off with our stuff and was getting ready to jumping Diane follow them down. About 100 metres into my journey I got three loud beeps, a warning symbol of the DIS and the...
  5. Foghorn

Brake Lights Flickering Poss ABS Fault?

OK so I've sorted the injector issue out and now another fault has cropped up! What I thought was a blown bulb/wiring I'm now thinking this issue is somehow connected to the ABS unit. Issue: All three brakes lights will illuminate/flicker when I am not operating the brake pedal. If it...
  6. ecurb

How to clear G201 ABS warning after repair?

Hi all, Was able to get a replacement MK60 ABS pump for my Audi A2 2005 model. We were able to successfully fit the new pump and bleed the brake system. Now we are trying to clear the ABS G201 fault code which is coming up on VCDS Lite application. However it is not able to clear the code. Is...
  7. K

Chat Hellppppp engine light on within 3 days of purchase!!!!!!!

Hey guys, im extremley upset, i just baught an audi a2 2001 1.4 3 days ago from a car shop, payed £2000 cash and today my engine light has come on. so i took it to a garage to do a diagnostic and it come up P1151??? what does this mean????? i rung the car place becuase i have 3 months...
  8. P

Proud New A2 Owner

Morning, Just picked up a 51 plate A2 1.4 in silver from a dealer. I have driven it for a day when the ABS light came on, so I called the dealer and he said to see if when i left work the light was still on. Well it had gone out. Is this something that normally happens, or should I be taking it...
  9. D

How do you check an ABS sensor?

I have the ABS light, the traction light and the red braking symbol on and there is a fault code that says right front abs fault. I have tried to measure the sensor and there is no resistance value or continuity so I thought it was faulty, however when I checked the other side it was the same...
  10. N

Hello....finally !! ABS EPC help?

Hi all, I have used this forum for quite a while as a visitor to self diagnose problems with my beloved A2 and have decided to finally join and say 'hello'. I would love to say thank you to the guys on here who taught me how to change my indicator relay switch. You saved me a fortune (just...
  11. J

HELP! engine has just started mis-firing and ABS lights have come on 1.4 TDI

Afternoon guys.. Wonder if someone out there can help just been out in the car today, have had it for almost a year now and it hasn't given me one spot of trouble. Parked the car up in town, came back to it and started it up. I thought it sounded a little strange on tickover while I...
  12. cogarch

ABS Control Unit angst

Not a good day. First dented my iPad, then received a call from Audi Victoria that the intermittent amber steering wheel alert on my DIS was being caused by the car's control system not recognizing my ABS Control Unit. The cost to rectify this? £1644! I have until tomorrow morning to give them...
  13. N

ESP control module

Hi everyone, I have a 2003 A2 1.4 tdi recently i have had a couple of warning lights come on the dash, the abs light and a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it also when i drive and press the brake there is a large red exclamation mark in a red circle in the middle display, i have...
  14. G

Brake pressure sender?

Hello All On my way to a wedding in Devon last week the car beeped a few times from the dash and the ABS light came on with a main exclamation mark on the dash on solid. I pulled into a garage to check it out 'cos I was worried about it as it was to do with brakes. In a nut shell they ran a...
Back