clutch

1. D

Possible power steering fluid in clutch slave cylinder!!!

Hi folks, two weeks ago I did my rear brakes (drums) replaced everything except back plates and had to install new pipes as well (2001 1.4 TDI 175k on clock and has had a tough life but it is now going to be cared for). Bled the brakes and then accidentally over pressurised my Eezibleed (RIP)...
  2. E

[1.6 FSI] - GKZ Gearbox Clutch/Bearing Problem

Hi all, I have had the car back on the road for 2 weeks and now it appears that the release bearing is shot. There is a horrible screeching noise when depressing the pedal when in neutral. Goes away when released. Am I right in thinking that I have to do both clutch and bearing in one go...
  3. D

TDI75 Lots of Vibration when Idle

My 2001 TDI75 is pretty unhappy at idle. The engine is vibrating a lot and sounds very agricultural, but everything is perfectly normal as soon as the clutch is depressed. There's also a bit of knocking when the car is in motion with a trailing throttle. Having looked through the forum, these...
  4. Josh16538

1.6fsi clutch problems

The car is a 1.6fsi and has covered 91000 miles, a warning light came on 5 days ago that was the brake fluid light so I topped it up, the car is now low again I topped it up but it is currently leaking fluid from under the engine on the very bottomfrom a join of two parts, the clutch pedal is...
  5. thestable

A2 1.4 Clutch pedal height adjustment?

Happy new year folks! I've had a look through the How-to's section and have not been able to find the answer to my question. The project i've got at the moment is driving LOVELY! however there are still a few bits which i need to do. The Break pad wear light/alarm is on but have read up on...
  6. G

Issues with hydraulics/gear box

Hello everyone, It is my first post here, I just got the Audi A2 1.2 TDI a few months ago. I search the forum and I can't really find what I'm looking for. Don't crucify me please if I did not look hard enough. from what I read on the forum, It seems I have a few issues with my hydraulics/...
  7. S

1.6 FSI clutch replacement

I am girding my loins for replacing the clutch on our FSI. Has anyone been there before please? I can't find anything on this forum. I am no stranger to changing clutches (mostly Saab ones). I presume that most of the work goes on under the car and that one doesn't have to do anything silly...
  8. depronman

1.4TDI clutch failure at 277,772 miles

I have just removed the clutch from a rather well travelled A2 1.4TDI, somewhat disappointed that it failed after 15 years and a mere 277,772 miles :rolleyes: The release bearing had totally failed, but I believe this was actually cause by the clutch release lever wearing the ball headed...
  9. onerevolution

2003 A2 Tdi 75, DMF or not?

Hi lads had the juddering on clutch take up when pulling away from when i got the car and it has not changed Some are saying the 75bhp variant does not have a Dual mass flywheel when I do the the part look ups it says I do have one It certainly feel like DMF failure when letting the...
  10. D

A2 1.4 TDi 90PS ATL clutch and DMF change

A2 1.4 TDi 90PS ATL clutch and DMF change. So the clutch gave up, pedal pumps bit easier than usual, but clutch stays engaged -> Gears can be put on w/o pressing clutch. Only symptom I got was bit of disengaging problems when the temperature was below -20C (2-hand gear selection needed, but...
  11. A

Growling when cold & noisy violent tickover even when warm

I've got similar issues as per RWhites had on this thread: http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?18697-Noisy-tickover-clonking-noise-please-help! However, there are slight differences; I know I'll be needing a new clutch as I can feel mine not disengaging properly when I depress it...
  12. D

Clutch replacement?

Hi guys, awesome site as always. ANyone know when you know if your clutch needs replacing? mines only done 42k, with hisutry etc. But the car seem to skae a lot wehn pulling off and reversing and feels like its going to cut out. Also it sometimes is difficult to get into gear especiallu reverse...
  13. D

how do i fit a new clutch?

can anyone point me in the direction of any advice on this subject with any pit falls when fitting? My clutch is starting to slip now. I have been quoted: £138.56 by one local motor factor £120.00 by euro car parts £231.78 by Audi this seems expensive for a clutch, does anyone have any...
  14. R

Dead clutch

So on my way into work yesterday, attempted to change gear and the gear wouldn't engage... Lifted my foot from the clutch which stayed pressed to the floor... The car has done over 80,000 in it's 5 years and we have only had minor issues with sensors up until now so I guess a major fault is...
  15. I

Cold Start

Well it's been 2 days being an A2 owner and... 1. When I start her up from cold she sounds like a deisel for a few seconds then all of a sudden silences to a purrr. Is this normal or do I need some tappets replacing? 2. Once it reaches normal operating temperature and in neutral with my...
Back