coolant leak

1. S

A2 coolant leak, help required

Hello all, So I have a 1.4PD A2, and the coolant is going to somewhere. First it was the expansion tank, it was visible. But now, I cannot locate, and cannot hear any leaking when I put the coolant system under pressure (1.7 bar). The pressure slowly goes down, and no sounds or coolant in the...
  2. IansMusical

A2 1.4 AUA LHD Petrol: Another coolant leak but where from?

Hi All, I had a recent coolant leak which turned out to be coming from the thermostat housing where it bolts onto the head/block. That was replaced and all was well but now there is another coolant leak. I can actually see a pink puddle of coolant just above the driveshaft near the gearbox...
  3. R

New to the club, and appreciative of advice already!

Hi All I've recently taken ownership of a '53 1.6 Sport. Following the destruction of my previously cherished Golf V GTi by a driver that fell asleep and smashed into me, I wanted a quirky, future classic, iconic car, and this one ticked the boxes. It seems a great little car, looks like...
  4. C

Audi A2 1.2Tdi Coolant overflow

Hello there, I currently have a problem with my A2, where the coolant systems is being pressurized, which on long trips make a lot of coolant escape out the overflow hole. I really want this problem fixed because its quite annoying. I'm suspecting that the head gasket is leaking, but it...
  5. E

Coolant leak !

hi everyone, i have a pretty bad coolant leak under my A2, its located (looking up from underneath car) to the left of the timing belt cover/above the cover. I was just wondering what everyones thoughts were on what its most likely to be so i can buy parts now so i can be back on the road ASAP...
Back