coolant

1. E

[1.6 FSI] - Exhaust Gas Temperature Vs. Coolant Temperature

Hi all, I would like your opinions on the following: 1. I have gone through another minor round of repairs, i.e., skimming the plastic thermostat housing after it leaking due to a deformation. It is less than 5 years old but the symptom has lead me to believe that it must have gone through its...
  2. O

1.6 FSI Coolant loss

Good evening. I'm hoping for some experienced A2OC forum member to help me work out what I need to do to repair my A2 before I simply end up slinging money at the problem. The story: On Friday my partner drove about 18 miles home from work, and about 10 miles in noticed steam coming from the...
  3. C

Custom pipe/hose manufacturer for coolant hose? 8Z2819371

(post edited to add correct PN) Can anyone recommend a company that can/will make a replacement for this part? Part number is: 8Z2 819 371 / 8Z2819371 Sadly it is no longer available from Audi and seems like nobody has it in stock anywhere either. I can supply my original one for copying...
  4. E

[Coolant Hoses 1.6 FSI] - Stainless fittings

Hi all, This is pretty damn obvious but after having had enough of the weird bendy/finicky pipework with all the brittle plastic Y/T connectors, I replaced the whole lot with stainless Y connectors and high-quality petrocar/calorwater hose. As you see in the picture, the trick is to replace...
  5. C

Audi A2 1.2Tdi Coolant overflow

Hello there, I currently have a problem with my A2, where the coolant systems is being pressurized, which on long trips make a lot of coolant escape out the overflow hole. I really want this problem fixed because its quite annoying. I'm suspecting that the head gasket is leaking, but it...
  6. Topsie

G62 Coolant Temperature Sensor

So, i've done a bit of research and it would appear that the G62 temperature sender sends 2 signals; One to the on board temperature display on the dash and the other to the ECU (Please correct me if i'm mistaken!) My issue is, if i connect via OBD, the temperature is reading between...
  7. IansMusical

Coolant leak on AUA 1.4 (pink residue near temp sensor and top of gearbox)

Hello All, I've just replaced the headlights on my wife's 2001 LHD 1.4 A2 so that we can use it on UK roads but noticed the coolant expansion tank is empty! :o Having read some previous postings that mostly relate to the 1.6, I believe that the Y shaped plastic pipe and the one that runs...
  8. M

Coolant loss

I bought a Black 2003 1.6 FSI a couple of months ago and love it. Since getting it I've had to top the coolant up a couple of times and this evening the smell of coolant was pretty strong so thought it was time to investigate. Searched the forum and found this thread...
  9. zafarius

Coolant pouring out - onto near side front engine mount...non-mechanic...

Hi and Happy New Year everyone. Sorry (upfront) for such an amateur post. A2 2001 1.4TDI SE I'm a total non-mechanic. Coolant is leaking out almost as fast as I can top it up. It does not seem to be the radiator and the hoses connecting to the pressure vessel / filler seem to be ok...
  10. C

Air in coolant system.

Hi everyone! Okay, I'm having some overheating issues with my A2 SE 1.4 petrol. I've been looking at the forums for a few weeks and believe the cause to be air in the coolant system. Now the problem I'm having is that I cannot locate the bleeder screws. I'd like to try and sort it myself before...
Back