crankshaft

1. Bordos

1.4 TDI (all versions) - Crankshaft seal installation tool for 3D printing

Hello Everybody, For the purpose of replacing the oil pump chain I have created (with a lot of help from philward) a 3D printable version similar to the T10053 tool for front crankshaft seal installation (it will work with the PTFE and FPM version). Models download Remarks: 1. The tool can be...
  2. mowog

Oil leak between engine and gearbox? X-reg 1.4 petrol

Hi all, I'm still getting my head around the sheer range and number of faults with my newly acquired (and admittedly very cheap) A2. One of the many issues seems to be an oil leak between the engine and gearbox - it seems to be seeping out from the join at the bottom. If this was an old MG then...
  3. H

Balancer shaft chain guides and sprockets

Hope you guys can help. My TDi 90 (ATL) has been off the road for a year with a suspected balancer shaft / oil pump chain failure. I finally got around to dismanting over Christmas and confirmed the damage, but sadly it needs the Febi Bilstein 43667 repair pack because the sprocket on the...
  4. C

Help with a crankshaft sensor replacement

Hi all, Been having an issue with engine revs dropping sporadically when driving, and with diagnostic kit, it seems to show the crankshaft sensor at fault. Have a new sensor at hand today and looking to replace it but for the life of me cannot find how to get to the crankshaft sensor. Any advice?
  5. C

Big end knocking - help !!

Hi everybody I have a 1.4 petrol A2 that has just recently shown an oil level light - we have topped up the oil regulalry which puts the light out - only today the light came on then almost immediately I got that dreaded bottom end knock - well my partner did - I went to her rescue and it...
Back