ecu

1. Dutchy

1.6 fsi goes limp when in wet

Hi folks! Mant thanks for a fab forum, it saved me many frustrating hours and expensive bills! However, my FSI (my misguided loyalty to Audi for buying an A2 to restore..) keeps going into limp more with several faults which wont come back when cleared, but only when its dry.. Read that it...
  2. pandsnolan

ECU repair advice

1.6fsi 109k Hi following my post last friday the A2 has been in the garage and been tested , although for me it shows all the head gasket symptoms , runs cold and then dies when warmed up , and I am pretty sure there was at least one spot of water by the expansion tank. Anyway the guy in the...
  3. M

TDI engine swap

I have a 2001 1.4 TDI and unfortunately I had both timing belt tensioners fail recently, with subsequent results. It seemed the camshaft was at least 140 degrees out of sync with the crankshaft so I feared the worse, although it happened at very low speed. The camshaft was also seized. I removed...
  4. P

Dash Lit-up - Codes 01314 & 17861. More Problems Hidden?

Just had the ABS, ASR and big red exclamation mark appear - the only fault codes stored are 17861 (EGT sensor short) and 01314 (ECU - DTC memory). The EGT sensor fault has appeared before, but without the dash lights - it hadn't reoccurred since I first cleared it. As fate dictates, I'm over...
  5. M

Dash Instrument Cluster Replacement - Immoblisier not working...

Hi guys, Hoping someone can give some advise on a problem... The instrument cluster (The MPH and rev gage) on my A2 1.4TDi decided to burn out last week. I had a friend replace the cluster for a new OEM part purchased directly from Audi's parts department, however the car needed to go...
  6. Foghorn

MOT Test - Changes from January 2012 **** Is this Correct?****

Guys - Just picked this up from another forum that I use. If correct it will have a lot of implications for us all! But I beleive VOSA need to give extra thought to how they actually check ECUs light incompatibility etc. I am assuming it would need a big investment for testing stations ? Here's...
  7. C

A2 stalling problems and EPC light

Hi, firstly a grand job on the forums here. I am new here but have had an a2 for a few years. I have a question that you all maybe able to advise, The car a2, 2001, Manual, 1.4 SE, 70K The problem -EPC constantly on (for the last year or so) -Engine stalling coming to standstill 50%...
  8. K

Yet another very happy Stealth customer! (TDI 75 remap)

After reading all the rave reviews of Stealth remapping, I decided to follow suit and had my A2 1.4 TDI 75 Sport remapped by Stealth on Friday. Vince got straight to work upon arrival and after a short while came back to me and said it looks like it had already been remapped, albeit not very...
  9. G

Engine control unit

Hello All I have recently purchased an Audi A2 and I need an engine control unit as my key fob doesn't work. I have tried so many combinations to get it working with 2 Audi mechanics. I'm not 100% sure I can trust everything they say but I'm pretty sure now that it is down to the ECU and a...
  10. C

Engine management problems?

I have a 2002 1.6 FSI which I have owned since 2005. I have done around 30,000 miles in that time and it has been the perfect car - in short, I absolutely love it! I have had no problems whatsoever with it until just recently when it just lost power. There was really not much there at all...
  11. P

Air bag - ECU no response = £500

Our York Audi dealer says that the ECU is not responding and therefore needs replacing at cost of £500! Our NOx sensor also needs replacing and the water pump is leaking (40,000m and 5 yrs old) - well put together car Audi! Does anyone know if the airbag light/ecu fault can be rectified for...
Back