fuel

1. S

255 miles from one tank after driving carefully..

Admittedly, I've only been driving for just over a month, but I'm confident in my ability. I filled my FSI all the way up with 99, and since I have driven as economically as I can. It has been about a week, maybe a tad longer, since I filled up and I have only covered 255 miles and I have...
  2. K

Draining tank and replacing fuel filter - misfuelled with 25% petrol !

Hi guys. I got mixed up with fuel tonight and put in a few litres of BP Ultimate petrol thinking it was Ultimate diesel... realising my mistake I stopped quickly and filled the rest with standard diesel (before starting it) and took the decision to start it and run home just a few miles. It's a...
  3. putyourmittenson

70mpg on a tank

Covered just over 400miles on the weekend and managed 71.2mpg average at a sat nav 63mph. Obviously motorway miles but there was a bit of A and B road in there as well. My TDI A2 75 is completely standard as far as i know. But if i was to do the 5th gear mod, aero pack and maybe narrower wheels...
  4. putyourmittenson

1.4tdi Starting Issue

Hi, My first post to the forums as new A2 owner. Hopefully you guys can help out. I recently purchased an A2 of off a fellow a2oc member, however have now discovered an issue with it starting. When you try to start the car it turns over on the starter motor but doesn't fire up, usually...
  5. Alan_uk

Almost had to take out a mortgage to fill with BP Ultimate

For years I used Tesco diesel, accumulating the points. But when a year ago I started using the car less and doing shorter journeys I thought this might be the reason for the car hesitating at around 2000 rpm when accelerating hard. So for the last year I first tried some injector cleaner and...
  6. Paddys

No Fuel at the engine....

My A2 is having a bad time of it. At the point when I was about to drive my A2 to it's MOT it refused to start. I had a mechanic come and have a look and he diagnosed an issue with the timing belt (it was shot). Having replaced that and the brakes which were also worn we put it all back...
  7. Swalsey

Webasto Pump causing failure to start engine

Hello all, It's a long time since I posted but I have knowledge to share that I don't think is too common yet. Last year my TDI engine stopped running, and was almost impossible to start despite the engine turning over on the starter easily and consistently. My choice of garage had a hard...
  8. S

Replacing fuel flap release switch

Hey all. New member here! I need to replace the fuel flap release switch - I've ordered a new switch from dealer, could anyone advise if there is a Haynes type manual i can obtain to figure out the fitting? Thanks, Stormgren
  9. J

Help! Major Diesel Leak

Hi all. My '01 1.4TDI is currently at the Stealer with a diesel leak (I reckon losing about 1 - 2 litres per day) that seems to be coming from the area above a small heat shield in the vicinity of right rear seat. Apparently a valve near the tank(?)has failed and leaking at a high rate. Was...
  10. R

Is A2 fuel efficiency really this bad?

I have a 1.6 FSI Sporin with 17" Audi wheels and 60K miles. The car has full service history and is in great shape as I service regularly and has just had cam belt and vacuum pump changed. I only run it on Shell V-Power. I live in Central London and so all my mileage is short and stop...
  11. R

Very interesting MPG experiment!

I recently read some of the threads on this site about a variety of fuel saving measures that people employ in a bid to go a bit further on each tank full. This is something that is particularly appropriate these days, when a typical tank of fuel is costing between £5 and £10 more than it did...
  12. Tai

Newbie needs advice please!

Hi I'm new to this forum, but have already found it really helpful. I'm going to pick up my A2 1.4SE at the weekend. :) I do about 140 miles a day. My commute is 95+% motorway/dual carriageway, and I've learnt to tame my right foot, only doing a steady 65mph. Does anyone have any idea...
  13. Alexandra

Sainsburys City Diesel or Super Diesel for 1.4 TDI (75)

Hi, I've owned my 2001 1.4 TDI (75) since the beginning of July this year and I have been using Sainsburys City diesel to fill up the tank. My mother also drives my car and when she fills up, she uses Sainsburys Super Diesel. I didn't know what she had been using until this morning and I am now...
  14. T

1.4 TDI starting problem

Hi, this is my first post on the forum since buying my 2001 1.4 TDI in April and I really hope someone can help. I've got a problem with cold starting, this started to happen about 2 months after I bought it, up until then it was fine. The problem is: When the engine is cold (only cold) I...
  15. Swalsey

The long term prospects of a remap

Hello all, I'm considering a remap (1.4 TDI 75), and I have a few things I'm unsure about. If you have had one then please share your knowledge! I've done a search but there doesn't seem anything specific, and I plan to run my A2 until death (of he car) do us part! 1 - Will the remap...
  16. O

Engine cutting out???

I have a very irritating problem with my A2!!! The engine will not stay running when the car is idling, It used to happen only once in a while and I used to think I had just stalled it! Now however, it happens all the time. It usually happens when waiting at junctions, giving way, stopping in...
  17. H

NEWBY NEEDS HELP 1.4TDI a2

can anyone help with the following problem, all was going well until Friday morning takes a few seconds longer to start, alls well midday friday cuts out while driving, 3 mins cranking to start, friday afternoon cuts out again, 3 mins cranking to start, drive home 10 miles, now at home 3 mins...
  18. B

Audi 1.4 Petrol consumption problems

hi guys im kinda new to this site but no one seems to have the problem im having, i recently bought an Audi A2 1.4 SE petrol....im kinda getting pretty worried because the highest mpg that ive been able to get is 40 and that was only on one occasion purely on a motorway journey, after that ive...
Back