gearbox problem

1. G

Audi A2 1.4 petrol - third gear crunchy noise and fan speed

I bought Audi A2 (1.4 petrol engine) few days ago and sometimes when I shift from 2nd to 3rd gear or from 4th to 3rd gear my gearbox makes crunchy noise and I have to return to neutral and shift again to 3rd. I feel like I need to "find the gear" to shift into it. I don't know if it does that...
  2. S

1.4PD gearbox service help

Hello dear all, I heard if the gearstick is sluggish or logy (sorry don't know the correct word for it), It's not the gearstick but the gear changing mechanism inside the gearbox. Please correct me if I'm wrong. So my question: Can somebody help me collect all the needed parts? I see there was...
  3. MOI

Very stiff gearbox change :(

Morning all. I’ve had a bit of a search on the forums but can’t quite find what I’m looking for. In short my gear change is VERY stiff. Like so stiff I’ve had to use two hands to move it. Once moving it loosens a bit but its defo not smooth or comfortable. It’s been getting worse over time and...
  4. B

Audi A2 1.2TDI gearbox problem

Hello, does anyone know what this could be? My Audi A2 1.2 TDI started normally, I put it in R and left the garage without any problems. I closed the gate, got in the car and put it in D. I hit the gas and nothing. No gear can be engaged anymore. The car remained in neutral. The gas does...
  5. D

GDC / GKZ gearbox compatibility??

Hello, I've got an Audi A2, 1.6 FSI, BAD engine code and GKZ gearbox code. Can I put in a 2nd hand gearbox with a BAD engine code and GDC gearbox code?? It's also from a Audi A2, 1.6 FSI. I'm told it'll probably be the ratios that are slightly different but wanted check. :) Any help...
  6. R

Cannot select reverse gear when engine is warm

I have a 2002 1.4Tdi 75bhp A2 with normal manual gearbox, and have covered about 150,000 miles. Recently I cannot select reverse gear when the engine is warm/hot (ie after driving for a while). Everything works ok when starting from cold in the morning, but at the end of a drive it is impossible...
  7. tagscuderia

Trouble finding a gear...

Hello all, for the first time yesterday, my gearbox hiccuped: first I couldn't get 4th from 5th and then later in the day I couldn't get any gear (left it in neutral, came off the clutch and tried again, voila). Both were mid-journey and were the only times I had issues. I've rattled through...
  8. S

5th gear selection problem

I have an intermittent gearbox problem on 5th gear. When I try to engage 5th gear it will not engage but growl - synchromesh not working? There is no rhyme nor reason as to when, how or why this will occur. Repeated attempts on a journey will eventually succeed - but it is unsettling. I have...
  9. M

Audi 1.2TDI (3L) gearbox problem

Dear all, I have a 1.2TDI (3L) and since 3 days ago I have a problem related to the gearbox: sometimes when I to want to go to reverse gear it doesn't work, the clutch stays open and the engine just idles, it's like being on neutral (in fact that's the indication I have in the dashboard, i.e...
Back