key fob

1. L

Update on Key Fob

2. thestable

Key fobs keep forgetting they are supposed to unlock cars!

This has been driving me mental! I resynced the second key to the car which worked fine no problem, then a few days later i used the original working key and it turned out that didn't work now... then both of them didn't work... Then i'd drive the car and park it and one would work and then i'd...
  3. N

Electrical gremlins on late 2000 1.4SE petrol

I have enjoyed just 5 days with my new runaround before electrical gremlins appeared. I have done some sniffing around here and have found some useful info on other niggles I have inherited (petrol filler manual release and low idle). The electrics are most concerning to me though. The key...
  4. jonbad

Key Fob Plastics & Rubber Button Replacement & Resynchronisation

As a new owner to the A2 (fondly now known as "Aye Up" &/or "Doug") I decided to try and get the car to as near perfect (in my book) as I can, but with minimal expenditure. The previous owners of the car had done their best to keep her tidy but the inevitable dirt and grime around the car as...
  5. N

Key Fobs intermitent, alarm and hazards going off whilst driving!!!

Dear all, I wonder if some one can provide me with any guidance once I have explained all that is happening? A few weeks back the fob failed and I could not open the car. Once I opened manually the alarm started sounding and even continuing with engine running. Eventually this stopped...
  6. O

Newbie Questions for le A2 Key Fob / Alloys / iPod jack

Hey all, Recent new owner of a 2001 A2 TDi and have a few questions for the more experienced. 1. Second Fob - bought the car with only the one key, car dealer suggested that I would be looking at about £80 for the purchase and programming of a second key but I took his word with a grain...
  7. G

Engine control unit

Hello All I have recently purchased an Audi A2 and I need an engine control unit as my key fob doesn't work. I have tried so many combinations to get it working with 2 Audi mechanics. I'm not 100% sure I can trust everything they say but I'm pretty sure now that it is down to the ECU and a...
Back