misfire

1. tuizner

Alternator Leading to Misfire on 2?

I only just last week bought into the A2 family with a 2000 1.4 petrol AUA and just over 100k. I can say its been an interesting few days. So - I have a misfire on cylinder 2. Typical ( in as far I have read ) issue in that it happens generally on idle. Have replaced plugs and coil...
  2. U

Purge canister valve fault and cylinder 4 misfire fault

The A2 is certainly not dull. There is always something :p. Check engine light came on last week, but no other symptoms. VCDS-Lite that night told me it was this: 16825 - EVAP Emission Control Sys: Incorrect Flow P0441 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent Ross-Tech page is quite helpful on...
  3. G

P0302 - 35-00 - Misfire Detected

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and I badly need some help! I bought an Audi A2 1.4 2003 Petrol for my wife. When I bought the car the engine warning light was already present. The previous owner meant that the engine issues were no big deal and that car handled well even if the engine...
  4. P

More FSI Misfires

Trying to track down the cause of misfire codes on an FSI - problem arose on starting, the car had been parked for a couple of hours after a brisk 40 mile motorway journey. Engine light was flashing at idle and the following codes weres stored: 16684 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire...
  5. Topsie

FSI Hesitation - Finally got VCDS

Well, it isn't pretty. Symptoms are an intermittent lack of power which manifested itself to barely being able to move. No obvious rattles or knocks from the engine. Here are they codes, any ideas? Address 01: Engine Controller: 036 906 013 F Component: MED7.5.11 5130...
  6. Topsie

1.6 FSI - Another Misfire problem, i'm stumped?

Okay, so my FSI Sport has had a misfire on cylinder 3 for a while now, occasionally it will throw a random misfire in there but generally always cylinder 3. I've done the following to try and resolve the issue; Swapped coil pack cylinder 2 for 3, misfire didn't follow the coil pack. Changed...
  7. M

1.4 Petrol Misfire (P0303) - Help to diagnose?

Hello I've had to do a few things to a newly purchase 2000 (X Reg) A2 petrol 1.4. It has a coil pack & spark plugs. It's started misfiring on cylinder 3 (error P0303) as well as an intermittent P0302 (cylinder 2). This is something that has just started to happen after I've fixed other things...
  8. shery119

Information 1.6 FSI Problem

Hello Everyone, I have been browsing this amazing forum ever since i got my A2 and its a shame that my first post is about a problem, i have a 2003 1.6 FSI and its great when there's nothing wrong, the car is spluttering shaking and stalling when it is hot but when its cold there is a obvious...
  9. J

HELP! engine has just started mis-firing and ABS lights have come on 1.4 TDI

Afternoon guys.. Wonder if someone out there can help just been out in the car today, have had it for almost a year now and it hasn't given me one spot of trouble. Parked the car up in town, came back to it and started it up. I thought it sounded a little strange on tickover while I...
Back