temperature gauge

1. R

Coolant Temp - odd readings - 1.4 petrol 2002

Hi - looking for some advice. The problem is the coolant temp gauge stopped giving a reading - it used to stay at 90C with no issue. A common problem and I've read the existing threads suggesting temp sender and thermostat and checking that fan works with climate etc - thanks for the...
  2. C

1.4TDi Temp Gauge above 90°C

My temperature gauge has always been rock solid at 90°C once warmed up regardless of driving condition (motorways or in town). I've recently had a cam belt change as I was unsure when it was changed last (Odo 186,000) and had the water pump changed at the same time as a precautionary. Last month...
  3. A

Audi A2 1.4TDI (75Hp) coolant temperature

Hello everyone, I own an Audi A2 production year 2001. I have seen many threads here about the coolant temperature sensor problem in many Audi A2. Mine though seems a little odd, as while city driving the temerature reaches 90°C (as it should) and I can see that it operates in the normal fuel...
  4. U

long time anonymous lurker, finally signed up..

Hi everyone, just thought I'd share what I've learned about my A2. I described in a separate thread the problem I had with the passenger front door control module, but here are some other bits of info. Anti-roll bar bushes failed at 40k and there was much clonking of ARB against the subframe...
  5. L

ABS Traction control problems, Engine light on and coolant temperature gauge problems

Hello, Having a few problems with my Audi A2 2002 1.4 petrol car :( The main worry is the engine light that has been on for a few days now. I had this previous problem before but it went off after 2 days, it has been on now for 5 days which is worrying me. The second problem is the annoying...
  6. Swalsey

Temperature Gauge woes - already done thermostat and temp. sensor

Hi all, I've had issues with the car getting up to temperature, and read every thread I could find on the subject. I changed the temp sender, which did nothing, so I changed the thermostate (which was bloody difficult as it was very hard to reach!) and now the car runs up to temperature only...
Back