1.4 Colour storm cam belt failure

phil pk

Due to the cambelt on my car breaking, it has led to a £1524 bill to fix and sadly likely.time to wave goodbye to my car. Just wondering if anyone on here would be interested in making an offer for the car for all the parts. Can't bear the thought of it just going to scrap.
Loads on heated mirrors, 16"alloys all with new Toyo tyres, climate control with hardly any button damage, luggage cover. False boot floor, rear cupholders etc.

Please let me know if interested, otherwise likely to be gone within about 24 hours.
[email protected] if interested. Would need collecting from Blackpool

Bodywork on the wole good, front office arch is damaged, although have a spare, just needs painting. Only other marks are a small pin sized outward dent on the rear o/s door. An odd graze running down the passenger door, about 10p size and tiny marks on n/s rear door where a car grazed past right on the hinge line. Not obvious unless you look for them.

Bodywork on the wole good, front office arch is damaged, although have a spare, just needs painting. Only other marks are a small pin sized outward dent on the rear o/s door. An odd graze running down the passenger door, about 10p size and tiny marks on n/s rear door where a car grazed past right on the hinge line. Not obvious unless you look for them.

Interesting if anyone was the break this I would be interested in the front bumper, the bonnet, a couple of door handles. Maybe other parts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@A2Steve @Edwrai
Quite happy for you to have for a small amount if you would be able to sort out the engine and not break up. Would be a shame.for it to be just scrapped as in good condition otherwise to my knowledge

Hi Phill,

Have you thought of sourcing an engine and getting quotes to swap it, would be such a shame to break the car, I would take this on, but I’m 3 weeks away from a second child so it’s unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBH I don't have the time as need a car and no where to keep this one sadly but it's a crime to just let it get scrapped .

How many miles/months did you drive after the recommended cambelt change to make it break? It should be every 4 years.

Purchased our A2 in 2017 on 86000 miles, drove it back from Scotland and first job was to replace belt, water pump etc. The belt that came off was the original!

Thanks all for the messages and offers. In the end decided to get it fixed and should hopefully keep me.going for another couple of years. When the time comes for me to sell her. I shall of course post on here first and those that have shown an interest would get first refusal and a slightly cheaper price.

Back