1.4 petrol BBY engine Cruise control retrofit

ROKJ

Yes, I've been searching and reading thrugh the countless of posts regarding retrofitting. It's predominantly TDI:s.

Any information regarding the BBY engine it would be much appreciated! (I don't live in the UK)
It's really just the wiring I can't wrap my head around, as the posts I've read are a bit hard to understand what goes where. I'd like to know which wire from the stalk, goes where, there are some to the ECU and one or more to the fuse box?

(Anyone in Sweden who has done this would be a large bonus to avoid getting lost in translation, but all help is welcome)

I found this info (translated from German), that might be correct. This is Kufatecs kit so I don't know if the colors are correct, plus it doesn't say which position in the fusebox the Black wire goes :

What is needed:

1. VAG Com Software + Laptop + Diagnostic Line

2. Steering column lever with GRA function

3. Cable set from www.kufatec.de
First, the engine control unit must be encoded for GRA. To do this, close the Diagnostic computer and log into the engine control unit with the code 11463. After that, the following applies in every case: first disconnect the battery!

1. Remove panels under the steering wheel. Look for torx screws and those Pull off the panels to the front. The brackets are perpendicular to the clipped surface.

2. Remove the trim around the steering wheel (two screws from below, two from the front).

3. Remove steering wheel. There are 2 approx. 8mm large ones on the right and left from the back holes in the steering wheel. Turn the steering wheel 90 degrees to see them. Now a medium one Insert a flathead screwdriver up into this hole. Lift screwdriver and the airbag unit should pop out. Some Audi models are also at this point
torx screws. Disconnect the airbag unit at all plugs and remove. now Make the steering wheel absolutely straight and unscrew the multi-tooth socket screw and steering wheel pull it off. The position of the movable ring must not be changed under any circumstances will. This is unclipped and the drop arm is released from the metal ring. The old Disengage the lever and engage the GRA lever again in exactly the same way.

4. Insert the cable set into the connector provided for this purpose on the steering column arm (to the left of the middle) and on the one hand along the steering column under the fairing towards
Guide the center console to the existing cables and at the same time the black cable to the place the fuse box. (is this correct with an OEM wire loom or another color? Which position in the fuse box, 30?)

5. Fold up the floor mat in the footwell on the driver's side. Open aluminum cover and remove. Below this are the central electrics and the engine control unit.

6. The wires from the wiring harness now go into one of the many connectors on the right see are. To know which connector is responsible for the GRA, you need Engine code and the year of manufacture of the vehicle.

Pin assignment of engine control unit connector:

MKB/ Color: Blue Red Yellow White
AMF/ATL/BHC: 45 44 14 46
AUA/BBY: 75 57 38 76
BAD: 49 51 55 52

Addition for AUA: If the lines on the engine control unit are already occupied, they will run into the 17-pin white plug in the footwell on the left. There please the lines as follows plug in:

MKB/ Color: Blue Red Yellow White
AUA: 7 8 10 9

Back