1.4 Tdi 90 in Piedmont Red

Stevieb

Just managed to persuade the owner to part with this lovely A2 in my favourite and rare colour.
Lots to do including replacement smashed back light and front spotlight surrounds but luckily the mechanic looking after the car has been involved for quite a long time so he was able to advice on a cracked flexible oil filler pipe. This was really difficult to fit and involved removing the pump housing to locate the claw clip.
Just collecting the car from the paint shop where I've had the bonnet resprayed following someone's over enthusiastic pressure washing. Just discovered it has a six CD player and learning how to feed the CDs . Need to cancel my order for cassettes. But dissapointed that it is so difficult to fit a replacement drinks holder without removing the radio. James Rupport is planning to feature the car in his Autocar section on readers rides following my entry of my A4 Tdi 130 1.9 PD which I am loathe to part with . So an A4 and and A2 on the drive ! My friend who was customer services manager at Audi just remembers all the problems they had in the early days with handbrakes ! WAs inspired by the club members who attend the car show at The private school near Oakham . They were so enthusiastic ! I knew I had to have one ! Look out for the Autocar article !

Please post some photos. I also have a 90 in the same colour :)

I've got a tail light and foglight surrounds here if you need them.

Welcome to the forum :) Did you meet us at the show in Kimbolton back in July?

Like Steve says, it would be wonderful to see some photos of your A2 - they do look gorgeous in Piedmont.

Welcome along Steve! I'm just op the road in Leicestershire if you need assistance fitting a new cup holder, plus I have plenty in stock at the moment :)

Yes I met the club members at Kimbolton and was so inspired that I knew I wanted one.
Really appreciate the offer to fit the drinks holder. Where about are you in l
Leicestershire Scirocco?
Should be able to post some more photos when I get the car back from the paint shop tomorrow. Had the bonnet resprayed. My friend Paul was fascinated by the fact he could remove the bonnet to spray it. Should have joined the club as soon as I got the car as I've been struggling to find replacement parts and resorted to eBay and Audi Northampton who have the most brilliant parts department but the costs are phenomenal now that the stocks are low. My friend who owns Autowerk in Wellingborough buys as many as he can get hold of for courtesy cars. His philosophy is that the cars are worth as much in scrap alumininium !

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 332
Yes I met the club members at Kimbolton and was so inspired that I knew I wanted one.
Leicestershire Scirocco?
Should be able to post some more photos when I get the car back from the paint shop tomorrow. Had the bonnet resprayed. My friend Paul was fascinated by the fact he could remove the bonnet to spray it. Should have joined the club as soon as I got the car as I've been struggling to find replacement parts and resorted to eBay and Audi Northampton who have the most brilliant parts department but the costs are phenomenal now that the stocks are low. My friend who owns Autowerk in Wellingborough buys as many as he can get hold of for courtesy cars. His philosophy is that the cars are worth as much in scrap alumininium !

You have PM.

Leicestershire Scirocco?
Welcome,

1. Are you aware of the club's Marketplace? There I expect you could have sourced many of the expensive parts you bought from eBay/dealer at considerably reduced prices. Until you pay the one-off market joining fee you will not be able to see it.

2. Be sure to to ram home to your friend who owns Autowerk (typo?) that if any of his courtesy cars reach end of life then the club's breakers may well be interested rather than be viewed as scrap aluminium.

Lovely colour.

Andy

Reactions: Tsu
Back