[1.6 FSI] - GKZ Gearbox Clutch/Bearing Problem

Evripidis

Hi all,

I have had the car back on the road for 2 weeks and now it appears that the release bearing is shot.

There is a horrible screeching noise when depressing the pedal when in neutral. Goes away when released.

Am I right in thinking that I have to do both clutch and bearing in one go and can this job be performed without separating the hubs from the drive shafts?

This concludes 5 months of continuous repairs on the A2 with a lot of money spent on parts alone since I am putting the effort in. Basically for every 1 week that has been on the road it has been on jack stands for 3.

Any comments or links to de facto threads on this subject are appreciated.

Regards,
Evros

Bump and another question if I may add:

Is there anything else you can do when replacing the clutch, i.e., check or replace bearings, etc.

Regards,
Evros

Hi. Has your problem been solved as I just start hearing some noise coming from my car when I press the clutch pedal in neutral. The clutch never been replaced in my car. 100k on clock 05 plate.

Hi,

Not yet but I got a clutch kit waiting to be fitted next time I can get some spare time. I am pretty confident that this is the culprit.

Evros

How much is the clutch replacement will cost if you don't mind sharing it? Just wondering if mine has the same issue what should I expect.

I am not in the UK so I would not know but I would not know if you were in Cyprus either! I am planning on tackling it myself. The clutch kit cost me 70 EUR on black friday from autodoc and it is a LUK kit with the release bearing, plates, etc. I got the pivot bolt from Audi though here because it is suggested to have it replaced. Usual price for the clutch kit must be around 110-120 EUR.

Back