15p/litre off fuel at Morrisons

Mine has a regular diet of Sainsbury's diesel. Not even sure there is a Morrisons anywhere near where I live. Not sure I'd want to buy any of their food!

It would be nice if this started a price war, I'm just glad I brought my A2 when I did :)

I got fed up of spending £107 to fill up my A4 & only getting around 450 miles from it :(

I get the same miles for well under half what I was paying now ;)

Nothing wrong with Morrisons food. The meat and fish are as good or better than any supermarket and i like my food and eat plenty of it. We recently started shopping there after having shopped at Sainsbury for as long as i can remember and we now actually drive a 10 mile round trip for the privilige whilst having a Sainsbury's on our doorstep.

Don't know much about their fuel however but at 15 pence off per litre i will be finding out.

How has fuel being allowed to get to the price it is now? If it was still displayed in it's old 'per gallon' price it would never have been tolerated (£6-30 ish per gallon-unbelievable).

Last edited:
If it was still displayed in it's old 'per gallon' price it would never have been tolerated (£6-30 ish per gallon-unbelievable).

On the TDIClub forum (mostly American), they have a several-year-long thread where they whine endlessly about the price of diesel. I try not to look because it's so ridiculously cheap ($3.99 / us gallon for example) that it makes me angry.

yeah, nothing wrong with morrison food, the fish and meat are very decent, certainly better than Asda, Tesco and Sainsbury. My regular supply is Waitrose though. But the 15p off is a one off discount before 11 March. I'll have to find £60 worth of stuff to shop though!

I've lurked on that forum for a while but never posted, mainly because of the below-noted whingeing about how expensive they perceive their fuel to be vs. the reality of our fuel costs!

On the TDIClub forum (mostly American), they have a several-year-long thread where they whine endlessly about the price of diesel. I try not to look because it's so ridiculously cheap ($3.99 / us gallon for example) that it makes me angry.

The only thing i will say in their defense is that being so vast and spread out over there they totally rely on the car for going anywhere and everywhere and the average joe will do far more miles per year than most over here as simply no one walks anywhere hence the average American's waistline (don't know whether i should say that?) but also possibly partly for the fear of being prosecuted by the police for j walking (crossing the road in other words) strange place!

I remember being state side some time back and paying $1-06 per gallon for petrol (gas) and really looked forward when the time came to fill up again, a bit like paying the £30 per year road tax on the TDI's when it comes around.

So i guess in reality $4-00 a gallon to them still hurts as its 4 times the price it was (hence the complaining) where as to us paying 2 and a half times that is just sickening and restricting the majority of people's quality of life.

Stop yer picking, if yer live near enough to benefit on a 15p a Litre saving then fill yer boots/tank;)

Back