2 on the drive

Phil FSI

Today we drove to our holiday. Down roads we’ve not been before and sights never seen.
One sight in particular made my day!
We come around the corner and there on the drive outside this stunning modern house were 2 gleaming A2’s. It was like a catalogue pose I swear. Of course it was only me who almost wet myself with excitement. Thank you to the owners of the 2 A2’s and their gawjus house for giving me such a nice part to my 5 hour journey. (I won’t say where I seen them unless they want to identify themselves whoever they are)
Anyway I got me thinking, who else is like me and likes driveway spotting?
Last year on holiday I caught a glimpse through someone’s gates and they had a Peugeot 306 cabriolet and a 406 coupe side by side. For those that don’t know these cars they are in my opinion 2 of the nicest looking cars Peugeot has ever made. I’ve owned them both and again I burst with excitement when I seen them. Simple cars like this seem to do it for me more than any super car on a drive, perhaps that’s because I’ve not owned one yet. (Was looking/druling over anAudi R8 on autotrader yesterday...)
It’s nice to think and see that other people all around the world own the same cars as us and care about them like members of the family.

Totally agree Phil: I love simple, well judged cars. Thoroughly enjoy seeing what people have on their drives. Was very, very fond of my £175 106 1.5D: actually very well made, huge fun, balanced controls and never, ever went wrong.

Sometimes the pleasure comes from the most unexpected place, say just a normal bit of porridge but in extraordinarily lovely condition, or something tantalising peeping out from a rotting tarpaulin.

Back