Chat 2001 audi a2 1.4

Rocketronnie

Hi all,

I've recently brought an a2 1.4 it's done nearly 139k I was just wondering if there is anything I could do to improve my car I recently put 17" 205 wheels off a TT. I was wondering if I can get a remap as it's a little boggy when pulling off in 1st like you get the biting point of the clutch then the revs just drop and the car stalls found this annoying when trying to pull out on junctions also I have an abs warning light that keeps come g up on the dash board been told it's the and loom have a another one how would I go about soldering it on

Attachments

• 20180623_121049.jpg
    20180623_121049.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 303
  • 20180623_142349.jpg
    20180623_142349.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 286
  • 20180623_120919.jpg
    20180623_120919.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 274
petrol or diesel ?
If diesel then I have a remap file available for you, if petrol there is nothing to be gained by a remap

Cheers,

Hi Ronnie, compared to the diesel the 1.4i needs a bit more care pulling away even if your clutch is fully healthy. I've just got one, and I find that if you rev to 2k as the clutch comes in you can get it to move off without bogging down, but obviously have to balance that against not revving the car like a pensioner. The other thing is that you do need to work the engine to get around - similar to the equivalent era Polo all of the performance is above 3k rpm, and there isn't any torque. There is some talk you find on A2oc and related sites about replacing bits of the air intake / inlet manifolds and camshafts from the closely-related AUB and 1.4GTI Polo engines to give considerable increases in performance for a small atmospheric engine the traditional way (along with ECU swaps to cope with the different cams, fuelling etc.), but this is nowhere near as easy as the 1.4tdi maps that Paul has prepared above for the diesel engines. The flip side is of course that there is the 1.6FSI engine for more performance in a petrol engine, but that is a different beast and has its own very long list of "characteristics", most of which can be summarised as "here be dragons" unless it is working perfectly. Welcome - and best of luck!

Further to my comment above - look for threads / projects from Celsisone and ThanosPas here - both have done considerable work on 1.4 and 1.6-engined swaps and achieved impressive results - lists of bits that they've replaced from other compatible engine models may give you some of the easier increases without the full-on rebuilds that they've done.

Back