2004 Orange Audi A2 FSI colour storm

Woodyjo

Hi, I have joined this group to get some advice. My mum passed away recently and I have inherited her orange 2004 Audi A2 just over 32k on the clock. I initially thought I would keep the car but due to a health condition I find my own car more comfortable to drive.
The car was purchased by my parents in 2004. My dad was a driving instructor for many years and needed to have practical cars so when it came to his retirement he wanted something a little more exciting to drive. Just after purchasing the car my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer and didn’t live long enough to enjoy the car. Mum kept hold of the car, more for sentimental reasons than anything else as she lived by a bus stop.
If I’m honest my mum wasn’t very good at keeping it officially serviced and I don’t think the cam belt has been done. A local mechanic (a pupil of my dads) has been maintaining the car for my mum, hence why there is no stamped service record since 2016. It had a new battery last year and in 2019 it had a new thermostat fitted. My mum wasn’t the best at keeping paperwork regarding the car so other things may have been carried out but unless I find anymore paperwork regarding the car this is the only information I can give you. The body work has a few little minor dink’s and the usual wear on the wheel arches for a 17 year old car.
A local man has shown interest on many occasions, leaving his details on the car but I’m now in two minds as to whether I sell to him or advertise it on here so that I know my mums precious car goes to someone who will truly treasure it and give it the love it deserves. Here is where I need advice many people have told me the car is rare and will become a classic and don’t sell it too cheaply.......so how much should I be asking for it ?
All advice would be great fully received.

Hi, I have joined this group to get some advice. My mum passed away recently and I have inherited her orange 2004 Audi A2 just over 32k on the clock. I initially thought I would keep the car but due to a health condition I find my own car more comfortable to drive.
The car was purchased by my parents in 2004. My dad was a driving instructor for many years and needed to have practical cars so when it came to his retirement he wanted something a little more exciting to drive. Just after purchasing the car my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer and didn’t live long enough to enjoy the car. Mum kept hold of the car, more for sentimental reasons than anything else as she lived by a bus stop.
If I’m honest my mum wasn’t very good at keeping it officially serviced and I don’t think the cam belt has been done. A local mechanic (a pupil of my dads) has been maintaining the car for my mum, hence why there is no stamped service record since 2016. It had a new battery last year and in 2019 it had a new thermostat fitted. My mum wasn’t the best at keeping paperwork regarding the car so other things may have been carried out but unless I find anymore paperwork regarding the car this is the only information I can give you. The body work has a few little minor dink’s and the usual wear on the wheel arches for a 17 year old car.
A local man has shown interest on many occasions, leaving his details on the car but I’m now in two minds as to whether I sell to him or advertise it on here so that I know my mums precious car goes to someone who will truly treasure it and give it the love it deserves. Here is where I need advice many people have told me the car is rare and will become a classic and don’t sell it too cheaply.......so how much should I be asking for it ?
All advice would be great fully received.
To be honest it’s not something people on here like to do and without seeing the car to see exactly what condition the car is in I don’t think you’ll get many if any constructive idea on value ...i for one would be interested in the car please as I’ve yet to have an fsi .but you will have to get some feedback on price ...if you don’t get any advise on here ..you could do worse than an auction site such as e bay ..but you should get some luck on here ..wish you luck let me know ..your not far from me and although I haven’t got brilliant health at present I could get a lift down to see the car.Paul
I have pm you

To be honest it’s not something people on here like to do and without seeing the car to see exactly what condition the car is in I don’t think you’ll get many if any constructive idea on value ...i for one would be interested in the car please as I’ve yet to have an fsi .but you will have to get some feedback on price ...if you don’t get any advise on here ..you could do worse than an auction site such as e bay ..but you should get some luck on here ..wish you luck let me know ..your not far from me and although I haven’t got brilliant health at present I could get a lift down to see the car.Paul
I have pm you
Thank you for your quick response. I will try to add a few photos for you (might take a while as not good with technology)I messaged someone on here who put a post out asking specifically for an orange A2.

Thank you for your quick response. I will try to add a few photos for you (might take a while as not good with technology)I messaged someone on here who put a post out asking specifically for an orange A2.
I did show the first interest on here it’s normally common courtesy to let the first to enquire have first refusal..I will leave this debate to others ..you have my details ..As I mentioned above it is so difficult to give a valuation without seeing the car are the discs all round okay we know Cambelt and waterpump probably needs doing at the time is the ML light on are tyres good interior where are the dents ..the list goes on without viewing hope you understand still very interested...I do Cherish my cars as anyone on here will tell you..Paul

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

If you have a Papaya Colour Storm it will indeed be one of only a very few remaining in the country - there were only ever something like 7 of those registered across all engine types. In terms of how to price it ... it's therefore next to impossible to put a figure on it at which it would actually sell. However if your aim is to see it go to an enthusiast who will cherish it and give it the attention that it needs, then this is definitely the right place, but it would have to be priced affordably in the first place for someone to then bring it back to prime condition.

I strongly suggest that you join the Market on here if you haven't already - it's an upgrade to your account (click on your user name on the black menu bar) for a one-off £2 fee via PayPal. As well as being able to advertise the car, you can also see past cars sold. I am thinking in particular of a low mileage blue Colour Storm FSI a few months back which came to market in similar circumstances, requiring some attention to get up to date on maintenance and make good its minor imperfections. It didn't sell on here even after the asking price was reduced to £4k. It did sell in the end, for what price we don't know, and the work was put into it: more recently it appeared refurbished on AutoTrader at £6k and has subsequently disappeared, so assume it was purchased. I can only suggest that you consider the comments on that thread and balance them against the undoubted much greater rarity of your car when considering what to ask for it. You will have to state a price for any advert to comply with the Market rules.

Look forward to seeing the advert (with lots of photos of course :)) in the Market soon - good luck with the sale ?

Last edited:
You will find this forum both honest and dynamic in the responses you receive. The background you have provided to the car's history is interesting and informative. I think that will enhance the cars appeal, especially the low mileage. It isn't too difficult to add photo's and you'll need further details about the A2. I feel that the vehicle might attract a rather higher price and certainly in excess of £3000. There are many other factors that will come into any valuation, such as whether the A2 has a panoramic glass roof, leather interior or any other extras. Anyway, don't rush things and wait for further help from this superb forum!

David

This is the lovely A2 that I visited when on the Wales tour. I left a note with the owner at the time saying that if it ever came up for sale that I would be very interested. Sad to hear about the owner and I appreciate that this is a very sentimental item, with a lot of memories attached to it.

The owner has reached out to me directly and we have agreed a sale, deposit paid now pending pickup.

Thank you @Woodyjo for thinking of me, I will take very good care of YFN.

IMG_0286.jpg

Last edited:
This is the lovely A2 that I visited when on the Wales tour. I left a note with the owner at the time saying that if it ever came up for sale that I would be very interested. Sad to hear about the owner and I appreciate that this is a very sentimental item, with a lot of memories attached to it.

The owner has reached out to me directly and we have agreed a sale, deposit paid now pending pickup.

View attachment 80940
Brilliant! I was with James when he drove a couple of hours to see this beauty and register interest. Patience has paid off . Amazing story and surely the only UK member to have owned 2 papaya storms. My condolences that the sale is due to bereavement

View attachment 80940
I feel happy it has gone to the right owner. Your patience has certainly paid off. I feel guilty for selling it but know that it is in the best hands. ?

Brilliant! I was with James when he drove a couple of hours to see this beauty and register interest. Patience has paid off . Amazing story and surely the only UK member to have owned 2 papaya storms. My condolences that the sale is due to bereavement
Thank you. It was my dads retirement car, he died before getting to enjoy it. My mum died on Good Friday and she would love the story behind the sale as it became a something of sentimental value to my mum ?

@mrbroons James I’m so happy for you that your return to A2 ownership has also meant you realising your dream to own another Jaipur colour storm!

This one sounds like a cracking project - I would politely remind you that we need more project / blog threads ?
It's Papaya not Jaipur?

View attachment 80940
Well done James, good things comes to those who wait

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

If you have a Papaya Colour Storm it will indeed be one of only a very few remaining in the country - there were only ever something like 7 of those registered across all engine types. In terms of how to price it ... it's therefore next to impossible to put a figure on it at which it would actually sell. However if your aim is to see it go to an enthusiast who will cherish it and give it the attention that it needs, then this is definitely the right place, but it would have to be priced affordably in the first place for someone to then bring it back to prime condition.

I strongly suggest that you join the Market on here if you haven't already - it's an upgrade to your account (click on your user name on the black menu bar) for a one-off £2 fee via PayPal. As well as being able to advertise the car, you can also see past cars sold. I am thinking in particular of a low mileage blue Colour Storm FSI a few months back which came to market in similar circumstances, requiring some attention to get up to date on maintenance and make good its minor imperfections. It didn't sell on here even after the asking price was reduced to £4k. It did sell in the end, for what price we don't know, and the work was put into it: more recently it appeared refurbished on AutoTrader at £6k and has subsequently disappeared, so assume it was purchased. I can only suggest that you consider the comments on that thread and balance them against the undoubted much greater rarity of your car when considering what to ask for it. You will have to state a price for any advert to comply with the Market rules.

Look forward to seeing the advert (with lots of photos of course :)) in the Market soon - good luck with the sale ?
Hi there, I’m looking to sell my blue colour storm and was looking for advice on pricing. Should I join the market as suggested above?

Hi there, I’m looking to sell my blue colour storm and was looking for advice on pricing. Should I join the market as suggested above?
That would be wise as you can't sell on the forum anywhere but the market place. You simply need to pay the small £2 and that will give you access. Be aware it is not the donations page for access to the market place.
@@viking To get access click on your profile in the top bar and go to account upgrades, pay the fee and away you go.

Back