215x35x18 good idea or not?

Old Yella

This size is on the permitted list 215x35x18 but are they practical.
I have been offered a set but unsure ...any advice and comments appreciated.
Thanks

Hope you have false teeth or no fillings. :D Difficult to say how you'll get on though 17" with 205/40 is too rough for my liking, wife's TDI now running 205/45 though I'm on 215/45R16 as I can't bear the crash of the suspension when I discover another pothole. I'm sure they'll look great.

The 215/35/18 isn't an issue, the offset and width of the wheels they are attached to is what makes the difference.

Even with a good offset (say 32-35), the inner rear arch plastic on the TDI o/s/r will need a little bit of trimming.

I've run 2015/35/18 on 8.5 inch wheels with a 32mm offset with no issues, lowered 30mm.

It'll be ok, I'm running 18" R32 alloys with 215 35 18' on my 2002 Tdi with standard suspension and the only problem I have is if I have 2 passengers in the back the arches scuff every now and then but otherwise they're perfect. Ride quality doesn't seem to be affected that much either.

Have decided to go for A2 sports wheel 17”.......just need to find a set now.
The 18” became unavailable.

If you want reasonable mpg do not ever think about 18"s. They may look nice but you will loose at least 12mpg from 15" and 8mpg from the se wheels you have. I found the torque steer ridiculous too and only felt extra grip on smooth roads. I would avoid the 17" for the same reason. Look good but expensive on fuel, tyres and bent wheels too.

Back