A Bit Slow Off The Mark.....

mickle

A2OC Donor
...that's me I mean because I've been on the forum since 2016 and have just managed to put pen to paper and introduce myself.

Hello To All On The Forum - it's a great source of info.

Back in May 2013 I finally took the step to buy an A2 after being impressed by my sister & hubby driving back and forth to the Pyrenees in a TDI 90.

Anyway, after a bit of hunting about I found an FSI which had a bit of a history of EML lights and misfires which turned out to be a mis-timed high pressure pump. After curing that, I've enjoyed the info that's available on the forum but must confess to not having visited for a while as have been looking after son & daughters cars & van.

The FSI was bought with 70K miles on it and now has 120K. We both enjoy driving it and it can really pick up it's heels when asked. Since I had it, I've done all the usual stuff like cambelt & water pump. Long plastic water pipe behind engine, (sadly not at the same time!), water distribution 'spider' as it developed a crack in the plastic, (another 'sadly not at the same time!), intake manifold flap actuation, (made a new arm out of alluminium) and gummy fuel injectors.

It's a great little car with a Tardis-like appetite for luggage!

Good forum and I shall try and post up some pics of the next strip-down
All the best - Mickle

Good to meet you ? I see you're in Amersham, I'm just down the road in Chesham most evenings and weekends. Yours wouldn't be the black FSI with red leather, 4 electric windows and OSS that I sometimes see in Waitrose carpark would it?

Good to meet you ? I see you're in Amersham, I'm just down the road in Chesham most evenings and weekends. Yours wouldn't be the black FSI with red leather, 4 electric windows and OSS that I sometimes see in Waitrose carpark would it?
Haha - sorry just seen your reply! No I have now two FSI's, one in Black on an 52 plate and the other in Blue with OSS & black leather on a 03 plate.
Might bump into you in Waitrose sometime!

Haha - sorry just seen your reply! No I have now two FSI's, one in Black on an 52 plate and the other in Blue with OSS & black leather on a 03 plate.
Might bump into you in Waitrose sometime!
Very nice too, I'll keep my eyes peeled :)

That FSI I was thinking of has sadly since reached end of life after a light shunt, but it had made it to about 160k if I remember.

Back