A few questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

ltopham

My A2 TDI is ready for its first service (31500mls AVS) and I intend to do it myself. I know it has 1 year of warranty left but I just can't justify the labour charges that Audi demand. I am going to speak direct with Audi tomorrow and ask if the warranty will be invalidated at all if I use genuine parts? I know some people (especially dealers) are particular about FDSH but if the receipts have been in order it's something that has never bothered me in the past when buying a second hand. Also I can't see me getting rid of the A2 for some time as it is a great car and dealer s/h won't have that much of a bearing on the price of the car when I eventually come to sell it.

Here is my list of questions;

Am I correct in thinking the only service items required for its first AVS are;
Oil Filter
Sump Plug
Pollen filter
Long life oil.

I am in need of a new set of front tyres. The standard 185/50/16 are expensive and generally not in stock. I have priced up the 195/50/16 and they are roughly the same price as the standard items.
Has anyone used 195/45/16 size tyres or have any do/ don't reccomendations? They are a whole lot cheaper! The effective dia is slightly smaller (more accelleration?)
185/50/16 = 591.4mm
195/50/16 = 601.4mm
195/45/16 = 580.1mm

How do I go about getting the computer service indicator reset ready to start counting for the next AVS?

I need to fit a new set of fr discs and pads as they are very badly grooved. G+ Swedish quote £57 all in for a full set, has anyone found anywhere cheaper without buying ones made from cheese! I checked out Brembo and EBC but is it really worth it??

Does anyone have a CD with A2 parts/ servicing and repair available? I have one for my other car and motorbike and they prove invaluable for diagnosis and parts ordering etc. If you want to mail me.. [email protected]

Lots of questions, thanks for your time folks.

Lee T
'02' A2 TDI SE
Ebony Black

I have since spoken to Audi Customer Services and Audi Huddersfield (Alexanders). The warranty still stands as long as any faults in the warranty period have not been caused by the non Audi servicer. So I reckon,

Pollen filter £12.00
Sump plug £1.00
Oil filter £5.00 (from Audi)
Oil (long life) £50.00 (from Audi or alternative supplier if i can find one!)
Brake pads (non service items, using G+Swedish) £27.00
Brake discs (non service items)£60.00
Reset service indicator (audi) £21.00+VAT

Grand total for self service + disc n pads =£176.00
So with the saving I can buy a set of front tyres (£52.70 x2) and still come in about the same cost for just AVS1 at Audi! Cheers easy!

I arn't going to play about with the tyre sizes but stick with the reccomended size although I will try the Toyo Proxy F1s as they seem reasonable, I've had them before and they have a nic looking tread pattern!

I have yet to come across a CD ROM with A2 parts, servicing and repair.

Take it easy all.

Lee T
'02' A2 TDI SE
Ebony Black

Dear ltopham

A CD-ROM for the Audi A2 parts program exists: I have seen it. However you may find it is hard to get hold of and to use, as the forum that discusses this program is in German and the setup program is about 700MB plus updates and setting it up is horrific because the program is extremely fussy, and the (illegal) crack to replace the dongle comes from dubious sources in Russia is hard to locate and... and... you get the idea.

Unless you are very interested in computer programs I would advise you to make friends with your Audi parts man...

Chivers ':)'
'02 A2 1.4TDi SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back