A-pillar door harness interface / conector

Zacharias

I did some searching in the forum and did not really find much regarding this so I ask here.

I "fixed" my door lock problem by wiggeling the conector on the inside of the A-pillar but realise this is not a permanent fix so I would need to look att this.
I allso notised that the electrical lifted window did not work with the door opened 1/3 but closed and fully opened.

So my question is if the problems normally is in the conector or if the cables near on the in / outside are Broken?

So my question is if the problems normally is in the conector or if the cables near on the in / outside are Broken?
I would have thought a discontinuity break in a cable(s) due to continual flexing by door operation is far more likely than a connector problem.

Andy

Although other VAG vehicles are vulnerable to such faults, it's highly unusual for A2s to suffer from electrical issues in the door due to the wiring/connector at the door hinge, especially if the car was built in 2002 or later. A2s from 2000 and 2001 use a less reliable design of connector, which is more prone to water ingress.
The electrical connector at the A-pillar is tight, and I can't imagine that the movement of the door could be responsible for making/breaking its connections. However, I would start the diagnosis by electrically disconnecting the door by separating the connectors at the A-pillar. Have a good look for corrosion of the electrical contacts. Copper turns green when it corrodes. You will find that the electrical connector is full of grease, as it should be. If everything looks OK, I'd suggest that there's an intermittent break in the wiring, as Andrew suggests.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:
Ok, thanx for the replyes. I forgot to say it is a LHD MY -04.
I will start checking it this weekend.

Would soldering the cables and cover with heatshrink do if it is cables that need fixing?

BR
Fredrik

Back