A1 wheel hubs for brake upgrade?

E_S

I can get a set of front wheel hubs and brakes from a 2011 A1 1.4TFSI. Those are the 288 mm brakes. Will they fit the standard A2 ball joint, tie rod and shock, and ABS system?

It looks more or less identical, but don't want to shell out on something that is hard to resell if it does not fit.

Last edited:
Hi, there are threads on here about big brake upgrades that use skoda vrs Hubs, I would have thought a1 would have been explored as an option but I'm sure someone will confirm.

I did some more research, and 99% sure it will fit. The German A2 forum had parts numbers for an upgrade that matches the A1 parts.

I did some more research, and 99% sure it will fit. The German A2 forum had parts numbers for an upgrade that matches the A1 parts.
Should do.
I've knocked up the 310/312mm version of this using the carrier-less Fabia / Polo castings and then the brakes just bolted on to these with the carrier that came with the calipers and then were swapped onto the car without issue. 288s on similar castings should do too. I bought new left / right WHT-coded ABS sensors and a pair of 72mm (from memory?) SKF bearings and that was that.

Something worth looking at if you're going to the bother are braided brake lines - @rosscanning put me onto HEL lines (that sometimes have decent discounts). I got mine in black to avoid being gaudy, and now have them on all three cars including ones with standard brakes.

Back