A2 1.4 TDI 2002 (52) plate

Louise

Hello there
Just after some advice ... it's with a heavy heart that I think I'm going to sell on my A2. I've had the treasure since new, have a full service history, 12 months MOT and it's about to reach 125,000 miles. The reality is I do less than 1,000 miles a year in it due to living overseas (5 years now) for the majority of the time and I think it's time to let someone else love it. It's been garaged overnight for most of its life so that's why it's in moderate condition. Any advice about places to list it for sale would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
There is a for sale section, costs £2 to join and gain access. People are always looking for nice A2s. Go to donate section,

The most knowledgeable and appreciative audience to advertise to will be on this forum. To list it here, you need to put it in the Market. Market ads must state a price - adding 'or reasonable offer' is perfectly acceptable. Detailed service history, what major work has been done, and plenty of good exterior and interior photos will serve you well.

(If you don't have Market access, click on your profile name or avatar in the menu across the top, select Account Upgrades, there's a one-off £2 fee via PayPal and you're done.)

There has been some discussion recently as to the best way to advertise on the usual sites, and the recommendation I took away was a well-worded Classified Ad on eBay. If you go down that route, to save you creating an advert twice, you can link to it in a Market thread here. We can also allow links to auctions as long as they have a Buy it Now price.

Sorry but we can't support any sort of "what's it worth" enquiry - you must decide what you want for it and advertise it as such. You can always lower the price if you don't get interest.

Back