A2 1.6 FSI petrol

Stookes

Any of you lovely people out there know of anyone who can work on my 2002 A2 1.6 petrol.
I don’t want to pay Audi costs but I’m looking for someone who knows there way around an A2.
He can be in the Bath or Watford area.
I am in no rush to get her back once I find someone but I just want her right.

Get a scan, and we'll go from there.
Check out free scan register:
Members close to both your location options

Mac

Any of you lovely people out there know of anyone who can work on my 2002 A2 1.6 petrol.
I don’t want to pay Audi costs but I’m looking for someone who knows there way around an A2.
He can be in the Bath or Watford area.
I am in no rush to get her back once I find someone but I just want her right.
Sorry people. Just to give you some idea what’s wrong.
The drivers door open alert doesn’t work so cannot open petrol cap.
The engine management light remains on which someone said could be Lamdas.
Every now and then everything just shuts down.
The clutch is really high.
Any help out there

Take it to Gary in Stains (B+F Autos) which is fairly close to Watford about 25 mins when the M25 is behaving. He's an expert, many of us down south use him and he comes highly recommended.

You want timmus Tom on here for all electrical and upgrade work, he a genius in this department!

Quick ways out:

1. Open the cap manually via the latch behind the rear light cluster.
2. On the 1.6 (especially) the engine light has got a lot more reasons to stay on other than the lambdas. Best get a scan. Personal experience. Ours had 27 fault codes. Two of those did relate to the lambdas though.
3. Everything shutting down does sound a bit too broad.
4. The clutch felt as you say for a while and then gave up the ghost entirely.

I suggest a holistic approach when diagnosing so that you only have to take things apart once and put them back the right way saving yourself a lot of hassle and/or labour costs.

Evros

Back