A2 90bhp Mauritius Blue 5 seat N7C/YA interior code

A2Si

Hi just to say I’ve got another A2 it’s a Mauritius Blue 04 plate ATL engined 5 seater.
so I previously bought an 01 which caused me a problem as I wanted a towbar but it didn’t have tow weights on the VIN plate.
im still working on it and will write it up to the forum once it’s fully worked out.

The new car has Interior code of N7C/YA.
which I have been able to see that YA is black but can’t work out what the N7C means.

so it’s going to need a few bits doing to bring it up to scratch .
towbar is going on.
wheels need refurbishing.
usual problem with air con switches although not horrendous.
would like to add cruise control.
got to make a list for the rest!

any advice or comments welcomed.

Congratulations on your new arrival :D

N7C represents the style and fabric of the seats. N0G would be an interior with the standard 'Sinus' cloth SE seats in whichever colour is determined by the second half of the xxx/yy code. As you say, YA is the Soul Black interior colour scheme. I'm not too hot on the seat codes, but if you could post a picture then I'll easily be able to tell you what you've got. Since it's definitely not the standard cloth and you don't mention leather, I suspect it's the 'Matrix' fabric (very small squares), which was used for both Sport seats and the optional upgrade for SE seats in the later years. If you've got the large bolsters on the front ones, they're Sport seats. Either way round, Mauritius is pretty so pictures of exterior and interior wouldn't go amiss :D

IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3366.jpg

IMG_3355.jpg

The interior actually looks better than this the photos are showing up a discolouration that’s not really evident. Still may improve with another clean .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks … so Martrim have this cloth I think . Just down the road from me !
If I need it anyway !!

Can you tell me exactly which model I have then ? What other info would let me know that . Model on V5 is A2 TDI 90BHP
Variant is LATLF1

The ATL is your engine code. From its seats, 17" wheels and no front foglights (and I assume no false floor bringing the boot level with the rear hatch, although this could have been optioned from new) it's a Sport.

Ok that’s interesting it’s on 16”s it does have the false boot floor and it came with a spare wheel and I now have a GDW Towbar so apart from the compressor and “tyre glue “. It’s got a full boot kit .

it’s on 16”s
Are you certain? They certainly look like the 9-spoke 17" 'Sport' wheels in your photo.

IWhether your car started out as SE or Sport is normally indicated on the V5. What does yours say?

The wheels in the picture above appear to be the normal 17" RS4-style used as standard on the Sport. There are replicas in 16" but they are rather rare and I don't think that's what I'm looking at. Your tyre size will confirm it - I'm expecting 205/40R17 or similar.

Oops !! You are correct 17s” with 205/40/17
Originally reg in Ireland so maybe the full model details didn’t transfer across properly .

Last edited:
Originally reg in Ireland

Which may well indicate that it doesn't align with any UK variant.

The 90 BHP engine comes with a dual mass flywheel, which surely means that it's less suitable for towing?

Possibly but lots of cars use DMF and are ok for towing . I’m not planning on towing anything too heavy . Most might be a bike trailer with big bike on it all up 350kg maybe or an unloaded v small car trailer or tip run trailer … I’m not too heavy on clutches as far as I know !

If its any help I have a akoya atl90 sport stock with same seats same wheels boot false floor manual rear windows and no fogs here my codes.

Attachments

• 20210627_090957.jpg
    20210627_090957.jpg
    882.6 KB · Views: 133
Yes looks similar. I know it’s sad but I want to know what all the codes mean . Will have to look through and see if I can find a list or piece together a list . Job for a rainy day otherwise !

Yes looks similar. I know it’s sad but I want to know what all the codes mean . Will have to look through and see if I can find a list or piece together a list . Job for a rainy day otherwise !

Superb guys thanks . That’s a job off my rainy days list then as someone else has done it ..

Last edited:
Back