a2 90bhp Sport

1rado

Hi guys

Does anyone know what sort of mileage I should be obtaining for the car. I have filled her up twice since I bought her and approx spent £49 each time (tank - fully topped up) and she has returned approx 330 miles each time (100% city driving)

Any thoughts?

Not really enough info provided, but I should have thought 45-50MPG would be about right for the current weather conditions. What does your DIS suggest you're getting?

Jeff

City driving is the hardest to give an estimation on because there are just too many variables. Even an eco car like the A2 can give <10mpg if just inching along in stop-start traffic.

Our 90 is returning about 45mpg at this time of year for urban driving. Havent done the calcs on your miles/cost figures - but dont expect to get the manufacturers quoted figures for mpg unless you drive very canny, remap the engine, mod the gearbox and other wee tweaks you'll read about on here. We'll rise up nearer 50 in the summer and a bit more on a long run.

Looking at the cost of your fill up i would say you put in about 37Lts and yes your on the mid to lower 40's for mpgs but 100% city driving with the cold weather were having at the mo its about right, my remapped 75 is only giving me mid 40's at the mo short trips round town and my webasto on untill up to temp, should improve as the weather warms

register with a site like fuelly (see below) and this wil keep a check on how your doing

Phil

Im managing just to get 61mpg on a 7 mile drive around 45mph thats over 175 miles.
Not been in town lately but

Dawdling round town its down to probably around 47 av.

I've yet to get below 47.5 MPG on the DIS which usually over-estimates by 0.2 to 0.5 MPG.

As mentioned, register on Fuelly to get a rundown on how much your A2 costs to run.

Back