A2 Engine Sensor setup, flywheel drawing and injector maps

Rocco

Gentlemen!

I´m currently working on adapting a commonrail diesel control system from niranova in Sweden (http://www.niranova.se) to my beloved 75Hk A2 TDi.

To be able to adapt the system to the engine, I need sensor data, and also the fuel injector maps. Have any of you guys some data about this?

Also I need some drawings of the flywheel coding wheel, togehter with the camshaft coding wheel, to recieve synchronisation of the engine.

When initially adapted, this system could be easily fitted to any of your cars, with possibilities to tune the engine performance yourself.

Status update
Work progress underway.
Just got the wiring schematics, and pin config of the ECU. Scan of flywheel and camshaft coding as well as injector voltage and currents to be done next weekend. Also found out that the 90 bhp version has the same injectors as the 75 bhp version. Turbo seems to differ though.
Just some more work to perform ;-) Me like

Yes the 90PS turbo is a variable vane device, the 75PS turbo is a standard turbo.
Good luck with this though sounds interesting. Could a "power map" and "ultraeconomy map" be developed?

Yes the 90PS turbo is a variable vane device, the 75PS turbo is a standard turbo.
Good luck with this though sounds interesting. Could a "power map" and "ultraeconomy map" be developed?

Thanx Dan_b
Of course can both a power map and an ultra economy map be developed. It´s all in the good hands of the dev. engineer ;-)
Checked the pricing of a new VNT turbo here in SWE, but it sure was a hefty price: 17800 SEK =£1540! But that included a new exhaust manifold though :) Can someone PLS check if there is a crashed car in Britain with this turbo available? Any websites, that makes the search easier? In Sweden we use http://www.bildelsbasen.se or http://www.laga.se for used spare parts from wrecked cars

in Germany, use callparts, r-a-r, ebay or kiesow.

The UK doesn't have a single good source apart from EBay in my opinion. Missed market opportunity for someone, there.

Bret

We used to have VAGParts but they went out of business when the pound lost so much against the Euro ... now its EBay or Audi dealer....

for used parts? try looking up a part on motoso.de or callparts. probability of finding one >90%.... I know of no scrapyard info system in the UK and it's a massive market hole :(

Bret

audi a2 injectors

for anyone out there asking injectors are not the same in the 75bhp -- 90bhp bosch no,s the tdi 75 are bosch 0414720215 in the 90bhp and sport 90 they are 0414720216 and on the later 90,s are semens vdo i have spent many hours resarching this for any one of you wishing to upgrade your 90 tdi bosch 0414720039 i was recomended these by clever helpfull chap from audi they are the pd 130 bhp vw/audi ones with the variable vane turbo no re mapping should be necessary, will let you know as iwiil be changing them soon.......

Hey greywolfhound!
Thanx for the tip! I sure will look those beauties up. Given that you energise the injectors for a certain amount of time, the bigger injectors for the 90bhp should allow for more fuelmass/stroke (larger injector nozzle tip holes). To assure that the motor won´t be smoking like hell, the VNT Turbo should be providing a little more air, but most of it all, a better Torque at low engine revs. But the VNT Turbo demands Boost Pressure Control, which the 75bhp engine don´t have, since it´s a fix turbo. Haven´t seen any connector in the wiring for the VGT Turbo, but it should be there... They have maybe taken height for the VGT Turbo when designing the wiring. Shall check to see if I can get my hand on a set of those 90bhp injectors as well. Sounds great!

for anyone out there asking injectors are not the same in the 75bhp -- 90bhp bosch no,s the tdi 75 are bosch 0414720215 in the 90bhp and sport 90 they are 0414720216 and on the later 90,s are semens vdo i have spent many hours resarching this for any one of you wishing to upgrade your 90 tdi bosch 0414720039 i was recomended these by clever helpfull chap from audi they are the pd 130 bhp vw/audi ones with the variable vane turbo no re mapping should be necessary, will let you know as iwiil be changing them soon.......

Back