A2 from Barcelona

Bubonico

A2OC Donor
Hello!
My name is Jordi. I am from Barcelona, Spain.

I have been looking for my "perfect" a2 for more than a year: low kilometers, 1.6 FSI, sline, and open roof. But i couldn't find any in spain.
But last week i found an A2, 1.4 petrol with 143.000 km from an Audi dealer and i bought it. I couldn't wait any longer.
I paid extra to repair the scratches and repaint it but i think it will be worth it. Probably i will have the car delivered thia friday. I am really exited.
I cannot stop reading this forum.
Your are doing a great job.

Well... Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.

Bubonico

Hello!
My name is Jordi. I am from Barcelona, Spain.

I have been looking for my "perfect" a2 for more than a year: low kilometers, 1.6 FSI, sline, and open roof. But i couldn't find any in spain.
But last week i found an A2, 1.4 petrol with 143.000 km from an Audi dealer and i bought it. I couldn't wait any longer.
I paid extra to repair the scratches and repaint it but i think it will be worth it. Probably i will have the car delivered thia friday. I am really exited.
I cannot stop reading this forum.
Your are doing a great job.

Well... Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.

Bubonico
Evening Jordi,

Welcome to the Club. I’m sure you’ve already realised that we are all quite passionate about the A2 here. Within the Clubs pages is a plethora of information to keep your newly acquired A2 in great fettle.

If you ever run into any problems or have any questions then I’m sure you’ve already noticed that we’re a friendly bunch who will offer as much advice as possible to overcome any setbacks on your new journey. Additionally we are also very fortunate to have quite a few regular and active members with LHD A2’s either here in the UK or further afield who will only be to happy to help.

Welcome again.

Kind regards,

Tom

I echo Tom's warm welcome to you. As we are mainly RHD cars here it is important that if you ask a question to stress it is a LHD car. This will help you more and hopefully prevent us dropping into standard answers for our cars.

This afternoon i picked up the Audi A2.
I am very happy.
First things to do are: repair the speakers. The only one that works is the one on my door :(
I will probably change the radio as well. And maybe rims in the future.

I don't like how the middle rear seatbelt looks. Are there any options to hide it?
I reread the A2 had Isofix. I cannot find it. Was it an accessory?

Kind regards!!?

Attachments

• 20211104_184942.jpg
    20211104_184942.jpg
    913.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 20211104_185009.jpg
    20211104_185009.jpg
    829.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 20211104_185019.jpg
    20211104_185019.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 154
  • 20211104_185119.jpg
    20211104_185119.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 150
  • 20211104_185141.jpg
    20211104_185141.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 153
This looks like an early car with hard touch switches. In which case, first check that it actually has speakers in the rear doors - you can prise out the small speaker covers by the rear door handles with a small screwdriver. If you see holes, don't expect speakers lower down either!

If they are present, next check for the rear amplifier under the passenger (right hand) floor. Possibly there has been some confusion by whoever fitted the radio, the A2 headunits output the rear channels to the rear amp and it sends onwards to the speakers. The aftermarket radio may not have a line out that the rear amp can use. Maybe it or the rear speakers could be blown as a result.

Regarding ISOFIX, in the UK all A2s had it in the rear seats, but I don't know about European specifications. If it does have it, the three-seater bench has three mountings, for the middle and one of the outer seats only. The middle mounting is used for both positions, so you can only use one child seat. There's not much else you can do with the middle rear seatbelt sadly.

I am very happy.
First things to do are: repair the speakers. The only one that works is the one on my door :(

I don't like how the middle rear seatbelt looks. Are there any options to hide it?

Kind regards!!?
Hi Welcome to the forum. Yous is about the same age as mine I'm guessing, mine is BHH so a bit earlier than yours.

The spec in Spain now I have been looking is quite different to the standard spec in the UK for example, many standard options in the UK were not on the cars in Spain which is a shame. I'm a good drive south from you near Alicante.

This looks like an early car with hard touch switches. In which case, first check that it actually has speakers in the rear doors - you can prise out the small speaker covers by the rear door handles with a small screwdriver. If you see holes, don't expect speakers lower down either!

If they are present, next check for the rear amplifier under the passenger (right hand) floor. Possibly there has been some confusion by whoever fitted the radio, the A2 headunits output the rear channels to the rear amp and it sends onwards to the speakers. The aftermarket radio may not have a line out that the rear amp can use. Maybe it or the rear speakers could be blown as a result.

Regarding ISOFIX, in the UK all A2s had it in the rear seats, but I don't know about European specifications. If it does have it, the three-seater bench has three mountings, for the middle and one of the outer seats only. The middle mounting is used for both positions, so you can only use one child seat. There's not much else you can do with the middle rear seatbelt sadly.
I am very happy.

Kind regards!!?
lovely colour and welcome to A2 world where all your aluminium light weight mpg dreams come true but your patience and dexterity will be challenged at every step as payment for the privilege ?

Good afternoon,

To make the story short I will tell you that:

The salesperson from the Audi dealership did not fulfill the contract and delivered the car with several failures.

The dealer gave me the opportunity to return the car and I did.

The stars lined up and the same day I returned the car I bought the car I had been looking for over a year.

1.6FSI
Open Sky
4 electric windows
4 seats
low millage. only 70.000km ?
Interior and exterior are in mint condition
Obviously some plastics new to be renewed but the overall condition is great.

I am ready to start upgrading the car.

Thank a lot for this Forum, i can not stop reading it and learning from you guys. I wish the Spanish forum was as active as this one

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-12-14 at 17.48.23 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-12-14 at 17.48.23 (1).jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 128
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-12-14 at 17.48.23.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-12-14 at 17.48.23.jpeg
    269.2 KB · Views: 134
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-12-14 at 17.48.22.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-12-14 at 17.48.22.jpeg
    311.3 KB · Views: 131
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-12-14 at 17.48.21 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-12-14 at 17.48.21 (1).jpeg