A2 from Russia

maxxis

Dreams Come True!
I dreamed about buying A2 for a long time. My first car was the Russian auto industry worth one or two of my salaries. Of course, he performed his functions, but I knew a lot more: the arrangement of car components, self-repair outside the service conditions, daily large financial expenses for gasoline and parts. The constant destructive corrosion of the metal and the lack of any reliability, as well as safety.

When I was 20 years old, I studied, loved traveling and had nothing to do with me, I went to live in one of the warm European countries. When you come to another country as a tourist, you see only the charm and beauty of the resort, but another thing when you live in that country and see the opposite side. So I knew the convenience and practicality of small cars, low fuel costs, maintenance costs and high reliability.

One of the beautiful days, leaving home, I saw a miracle of engineering, these forms, this incomparable image, and then I realized: I will definitely have such a machine!
Once, after 6 years, I was driving to work in my first Russian car and on the way it finally broke down, I realized that it was time to change the car. Having visited a popular site selling cars, I leafed through ads for a long time and couldn’t choose anything. Having minimal money to buy a new car, I was a little upset about the thought that I could not find a car in good condition. Once again I leafed through the proposals and among their thousands I noticed a silhouette familiar to me, long forgotten, but kept deep in my heart! I studied the ad and immediately called the seller, agreeing on a deal.

I have been using A2 since 2018 and have traveled about 30,000 km.
1-1.jpg

2-2.jpg
3-3.jpg

A very warm welcome to the club.

Your story mirrors many who have been lured in by the innovation and engineering of the A2, plus its quirky looks, which were years ahead of the game.

A lovely story and great read. The pictures validate your enthusiasm for the car - the smiles a big give away.

There is plenty of helpful information on here, with most things having been discussed. Sometimes it is quicker to google your question and add 'A2OC' to the search rather than using the inbuilt engine.

Happy motoring my friend!

Before the onset of the cold winter, I thought about some A2 improvements, in particular the replacement of conventional mirrors with heated mirrors. The operation takes a couple of minutes. You just need to connect 2 terminals. With the first snow, I appreciated this comfort, harsh winters became more pleasant.
1AE7A5B7-37A8-4AF4-82DE-C7C3BCE6990F.jpeg

Добро пожаловать на a2oc.net

How are you finding the A2's hard suspension?

Many cars sold in Russia, have 15mm higher suspension compared to their Western European equivalents to cope with Russia's poor roads.

Last edited:
Russia has some interesting cars... I was down in Ростов на Дону recently. Plenty of Ladas, but also an incredibly rare A8 W12, and couple Ferrari kit cars. Didn't see any A2s though, I imagine quite rare there.

Hello Spen! Perhaps I’ll add a mini-trip that I did last year with my wife, by the way there I met the emerald A2 in the parking lot. So, this is a fortress city. Once upon a time in its place was a real wooden fortress, but there was a collision and it burned down. In 2019, its exact historical fortress was built. The trip took an hour to drive from home.

Attachments

• IMG_3339.jpg
    IMG_3339.jpg
    956 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_5337.jpg
    IMG_5337.jpg
    764.5 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_5348.jpg
    IMG_5348.jpg
    716.6 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_5335-1.jpg
    IMG_5335-1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 416
Last edited:
Russias roads are surprisingly decent, if you exclude the borderline gravel roads in the smaller towns, it's not really bad at all by most standards.

Russia has some interesting cars... I was down in Ростов на Дону recently. Plenty of Ladas, but also an incredibly rare A8 W12, and couple Ferrari kit cars. Didn't see any A2s though, I imagine quite rare there.
We in Russia have a community in the Wats-app club of fans of A2, where we actively communicate daily. Today we have 54 members, some have TDI and even a couple of FSI + Votex

Очень хорошо))) мои нови А2 ревнивый.
Извините мой русский плох. Я учусь моим партнёром, она из Кавказа

Одной из целей подключиться к вашему теплому сообществу A2oc попробовать немного изучить English. You are making great steps towards learning

You’ll have to buy a breaker in the same colour and spec as your car and when you need something you’ll have a full set of used parts. ?

Last edited:
Back