A2 isofix

Jaijai82

Hi everyone

I’ve had bug my a2 for nearly 3 years now and we absolutely love him. However we’ll be having a baby soon and the misses is worried about him not having isofix points in his seats.no amount of reasoning about the seatbelts doing the same job

My question is:-was there ever an interior or option with isofix points for the a2?

Hopefully Someone will be able to help me on this one!

cheers

Fairly sure all A2's have ISOfix in the rear seats, it's just not marked with the dots - you'll feel the shaped metal rod on top of the seat base fabric if you slide your fingers down the join with the back. The 3-seater bench only has it for the nearside and middle positions though, and only one can be used. For the front passenger seat I think you only got it if the original owner optioned the passenger airbag cutoff in the glovebox (assuming the seats are original).

Really?!! Absolute legend buddy, really appreciate the response. I will check later today.

Some times if it doesn’t jump out at you , you think it’s not there! I always thought it was marked in cars that have it like you said.

Bug lives to fight another day!

cheers

Really?!! Absolute legend buddy, really appreciate the response. I will check later today.

Some times if it doesn’t jump out at you , you think it’s not there! I always thought it was marked in cars that have it like you said.

cheers
Worst case you could always buy rear seats with them but all of mine have had

Is your a 4 or 5 seater? As often 5 seaters have the option of front ISOFIT also as you can only have 1 car seat in the rear of a 5 seater, ether centrally or to the left, the 4 seater you can have 2 in the rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheers
Hi Jaijai82,
There are some brackets on eBay this morning if that helps.
Hth keith

Thanks everyone, I’ve not been home yet to check but all good options. Really don’t want to sell as I’ve invested quite a bit now, so it’s great to know there are options.
I think mine has the airbag key as well ??.
Brackets might be an option too.

Thanks everyone, I’ve not been home yet to check but all good options. Really don’t want to sell as I’ve invested quite a bit now, so it’s great to know there are options.
I think mine has the airbag key as well .
Brackets might be an option too.

If it has an airbag key then it has front iso, I’m yet to see an a2 without rear iso

If it has an airbag key then it has front iso, I’m yet to see an a2 without rear iso

My A2 has an airbag key in the glovebox, but no front iso.

It could be that someone replaced the front passenger seat at some point.

My A2 has an airbag key in the glovebox, but no front iso.

It could be that someone replaced the front passenger seat at some point.

The only reason for that key is for the isofit and a child seat, it was a part of an option at purchase and they came together

The only reason for that key is for the isofit and a child seat, it was a part of an option at purchase and they came together

I know, I expected to find the iso fittings but there were none. It's odd.

Yep, all A2s came with isofix - as has been pointed out, the four seater can have two child seats in the back at the same time, the bench seat / 5 seat versions can only carry one at a time.

Thanks everyone who commented. Got home today and confined 2 isofix points in the back of bug. Great news as now we don’t have to sell. No airbag key hole in the front. Makes no odds though, as long as there is one in the back we’re happy! Cheers

The front key switch to deactivate the passenger front airbag can be retrofitted or the bag can be deactivated via diagnostics. My little man only ever travels in the back though now, although when very young, he did go in the front facing backwards, where he could be seen to by the driver if no other adult was in the car - far easier than twisting around when at traffic lights etc.

The A2 really is a great car for a small family - bit tricky taking a pram and all the baggage a baby brings, and then shopping on top is a no-no, but it's as good as something like an A3 or Golf.

The A2 really is a great car for a small family - bit tricky taking a pram and all the baggage a baby brings, and then shopping on top is a no-no, but it's as good as something like an A3 or Golf.
That’s the reason I had to get rid of the one I bought brand new in 2001 - except we had twins!

Back