A2 NO More :(

the grim reeper

A2OC Donor
Well guys after 13 years in the same A2 I finally said good bye to an old friend on Saturday. As i always said once this started to cost me money to repair out of the normal wear and tear items i would change. This has been on the cards for a few years just had to find something i wanted to change too. This was traded in down in Weston Super mare. This would be going out to Auction around this area if anyone was interested MK52FSS.

I traded this in against a 2015 Golf Estate GT blue motion Tech. 2.0TDI 150BHP. Fully loaded panoramic Roof, Winter pack Heated seats etc.. I'll post pics later.

I'll still drop in from time to time and maybe when this pandemic is over maybe I'll turn up at a meet somewhere.

Cheers Phil

Well guys after 13 years in the same A2 I finally said good bye to an old friend on Saturday. As i always said once this started to cost me money to repair out of the normal wear and tear items i would change. This has been on the cards for a few years just had to find something i wanted to change too. This was traded in down in Weston Super mare. This would be going out to Auction around this area if anyone was interested MK52FSS.

I traded this in against a 2015 Golf Estate GT blue motion Tech. 2.0TDI 150BHP. Fully loaded panoramic Roof, Winter pack Heated seats etc.. I'll post pics later.

I'll still drop in from time to time and maybe when this pandemic is over maybe I'll turn up at a meet somewhere.

Cheers Phil
Good Luck, Phil, you've Certainly chosen a Tasty replacement, it must have been tough to part, thou?.. ?

You’ll enjoy the Golf, it’s a good car (I assume it’s not the latest mk8 version?).

I have the same engine in BM form in my Touran - it’s smooth, quiet and powerful - it’ll be even more relaxing to drive in a golf due to less weight and combined with lowerwind resistance you should have no trouble averaging 60 mpg. The pan roof is a lovely feature too - our kids love it.

It’s a much bigger car externally than an A2 but other than that I feel you’ve made a worthy trade. I was almost tempted to buy a Leon ST brand new at the beginning of the year as they were at the end of their production run and being almost given away (comparatively speaking), this is similar to / is the Seat version of the Golf Estate.

You’ll enjoy the Golf, it’s a good car (I assume it’s not the latest mk8 version?).

I have the same engine in BM form in my Touran - it’s smooth, quiet and powerful - it’ll be even more relaxing to drive in a golf due to less weight and combined with lowerwind resistance you should have no trouble averaging 60 mpg. The pan roof is a lovely feature too - our kids love it.

It’s a much bigger car externally than an A2 but other than that I feel you’ve made a worthy trade. I was almost tempted to buy a Leon ST brand new at the beginning of the year as they were at the end of their production run and being almost given away (comparatively speaking), this is similar to / is the Seat version of the Golf Estate.

Hi No a MK7. I was torn between a Leon FR ST but the Golf just offered more bang for the buck!. Electric hand brake with hold assist, adaptive cruise just as STD on the GT spec.

I've worked with VAG for over 14 years so it had to be from the brand. I knew I wanted an Estate but Audi don't an A3 Avant but didn't want to go up to a A4 ( plus spec was poor for the money) or a Passat. SO when i started looking it had to be the GT spec and so I then started to look for the best spec I could get for the money.

It was a very sad day to see it go, it will always have a special place. I will stay in touch guys.

Cheers Phil

WOW Phil all the best and enjoy your new motor. Sounds like the golf has a lot more toys than the a2 but i bet you don't have it in 13 years time like the a2. Im not knocking the golf but the a2 is just one of those cars that gets under your skin-i know i won't have my BMW i3s in 13 years time lol.

MK7 Golf is an amazingly impressive package. Not got one, but brother has a 140 Bluemotion of some flavour. Utterly bonkers economy, genuinely quick, lovely chassis and yet comfortable. I think the MK7 is one of the best looking Golfs ever made. Neighbour has a white GTi and it looks wonderful.

Hope you really enjoy it ?

Back