A2 plans

FlashRed

Hi there - I am a new convert to the A2 - I bought an absolute cracker 6 months ago that's coming up to 60k on the clock. Serviced, and recently checked, and all I've had to do is replace 2 tyres. It's a 1.4 manual petrol, and I couldn't be happier - especially due to the carrying capacity for home improvement trips to the recycling center. I was wondering what I should be doing to keep this gem going as long as possible - and any suggestions for modifications (if any) that should be made. As far as I can tell nothing has been done on the car - which I now intend to keep for decades if possible. Thank you,

Regular maintenance is all the car needs. Oil/air/fuel/cabin filter changes on an annual basis (depending on mileage) and then a timing belt every 5 years or 60k miles.

As for modifications, there's a whole host of options available to you but it's all down to personal taste.

Here's quite an old thread but it gives you an idea of what can be done

I would avoid using the new E10 petrol and only use super unleaded, yes it makes a petrol A2 more expensive to run, but your car will definitely appreciate it, as will you when you notice the difference in the extra performance that the super fuel gives the A2.
May you have many years of happy A2 ownership, modding and retro fitting ahead of you.
Oh and forgot to say that on this site some photos of your car are compulsory 🙂

As above, quality fluids and regular maintenance according to the schedule (not on longlife mileages mind) will be key.

As with any old car, just keep on top of jobs as parts wear out or break and you'll be fine.

the 1.4 petrol to my knowledge is the least tunable, it just does what it does - nothing wrong with that if you're not a fast driver that wants a lot of power (I am not so if my journeys were exclusively urban / short-to-medium then I would go for the 1.4).

I would avoid using the new E10 petrol and only use super unleaded, yes it makes a petrol A2 more expensive to run, but your car will definitely appreciate it, as will you when you notice the difference in the extra performance that the super fuel gives the A2.
May you have many years of happy A2 ownership, modding and retro fitting ahead of you.
Oh and forgot to say that on this site some photos of your car are compulsory 🙂
Thank you for this - more than happy to post a pic - where do I do this?

Regular maintenance is all the car needs. Oil/air/fuel/cabin filter changes on an annual basis (depending on mileage) and then a timing belt every 5 years or 60k miles.

As for modifications, there's a whole host of options available to you but it's all down to personal taste.

Here's quite an old thread but it gives you an idea of what can be done

Thanks for this - I will save the list and look for some help from someone recommended on this forum when it comes for some modifications!

Attachments

• IMG-0079.jpg
    IMG-0079.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 147
Back