A2 start after dead battery - errors

AJ-FSI

Hi All,

I’ve left my A2 parked off road since October, it was running fine at the time.

Annoyingly battery died with the central locking engaged so I can’t get into the car, bar through the drivers door. I’ve climbed through to the boot and the manual boot release is missing, bizarrely.

I put some jump leads through the rear window and managed to jump start the car. However once started the alarm goes off constantly as well as getting a trio of warnings on the dash.

Oil light > coolant light > brake light in a cycle

Both fluid levels were fine prior to parking the car and checking them manually they still seem fine so perhaps car is confused from battery dying?

Anyway - will these need clearing with VCDS or could they disappear if I leave the car running for a while - bit annoying for the neighbours at the minute.

i tried syncing the fob but doesn’t seem to work either as central locking still engaged, will swap out the battery and try again

I'm guessing this is a 1.4 petrol?

Need to fit a fully charged battery and the issues will right themselves.

Yes as above, unless some issues had occurred since you parked the car up, fully charged battery is very important for A2s.

Reactions: mtl
It’s a 1.6 FSI - are these more problematic?
The FSI is a sophisticated engine. the engine itself has various inlet and injection modes, and the cooling system is electronically controlled, not a conventional thermostat. It has more sensors than most petrol engines of it time, so has more fault conditions.
So like most things, it only problematic when it goes wrong. A VAG specific scan tool is essential.
But the advice too ensure your battery is charged, and in good condition, and then scan, and delete all error codes, (DTCs).
They also go like stink when they're in good nick, so more fun than most. Same power to weight ratio as a Mk4 Golf GTi, according to a recent review. Makes sense as the body is so light.
Mac.
PS: Not that I'm biased, of course ...

Back