A2OC Line Badges

Would you pay £14 for an A2OC-line badge?

• Yes - I would buy 1

Votes: 37 48.1%
  • Yes - I would buy 2

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • No - I already have them

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • No - this is too expensive

Votes: 9 11.7%

• Total voters

ben

Administrator
Ukraine
Hi folks,

As some of you know, we have previously sold some metal A2OC S-line style badges. After the initial batch sold out, we had been waiting on some revised costs from the manufacturer. Well, we've finally had a response from the manufacturer - and the response leaves the club in a bit of a dilemma. The manufacturer's costs have increased considerably since the first batch (because of increased metal costs apparently). As a result, in order to proceed with another batch we would have to increase the cost of the badges to £14 each. We would also need pledges to cover at least 75 units in order to justify the significant upfront costs of producing the badges.

I've attached a poll to this thread to gather feedback on this. Please let me know your views.

Thanks,

Ben

Last edited:
I've put myself down for 1, to go on the front (I already have one on the back).

Are there any alternative manufacturers?

Hi Ben,

Are the new badges planned on being identical to the previous batch in dimensions, design and colours? Also, at this cost, is there a "warranty" on the enamel work, as some of the first set of badges suffered from issues?

It might also be useful to list the original cost of the badges - I seem to recall the cost at £8 each, but may very well be mistaken.

Do we have a lead time for delivery?

I currently have 2 badges fitted and they are in perfect condition, with no signs of enamel corrosion and believe they are great addition to the A2.

Dependant on various things, I would take 4 items as spares.

Cheers

Jeff

Both the red sections om my badges are either faded or missing; if this can be sorted with the new batch I'll buy 2 new ones.

This price is for the same design, but with a heavier enamel on a copper base.

The delivery time is about a month.

And yes, the previous ones cost £8 plus £2 postage.

Thnks.

Ben

Can I suggest that the people expressing an interest in buying club badges on the original thread are pm'd a link to this one? That way, the less frequent forum visitors will be emailed, and an outcome to this straw poll might happen a bit quicker, or before it drops off the leader board?

Last edited:
Yes, I think that I might be interested in two of these badges, but I wonder if I could see what I would be buying, please?

David

Can I suggest that the people expressing an interest in buying club badges on the original thread are pm'd a link to this one? That way, the less frequent forum visitors will be emailed, and an outcome to this straw poll might happen a bit quicker, or before it drops off the leader board?

I can do - but there's no quick way - so will need to pick out the user names from all 12 pages of that thread. If I get some time at the weekend I will dig them out (and check that they haven't voted already).

Ben

Almost half way towards an order after 4 days. So far, so good. Going to take Friday off this week, so I'll trawl through the names of interested people from the old thread and email a link to this one. Hopefully there will be enough interest to order another run of the club badge.

Go on then - I'd go for two - I guess they'd affix nicely to the rear door rubbing strips? That's where the S-Line OEM badges go on the current production models isn't it?

...That's where the S-Line OEM badges go on the current production models isn't it?

I think there are 4 in total - back, under the engine designation badge, front, to the lower-left of the grill, and the two on the rear door rubbing strips as you note.

My car is de-badged at the rear, hmm. Maybe I'll keep it free of logos and badges afterall... Hmm.

My car is de-badged at the rear, hmm. Maybe I'll keep it free of logos and badges afterall... Hmm.

It would look a bit odd having a club badge on the back if the other badges have been removed. But the sides/front would still be possibilities if you wanted them. Personally I am a bit cautious about badges on the rubbing strips since they would be more likely to be knocked off by doors in car parks.

Back