A3 8L Double DIN Climate Panel

2work

Well Known Member
United-Kingdom
Morning all,

I’ve searched the clubs pages and cannot find an answer to my following question.

Has anyone attempted to trim an A3 8L Climate Control Panel to make it fit the A2s aperture:

A3 8L front:
1C0C1A50-2EB4-4B3C-9104-6550AF4BB833.jpeg

A3 8L rear:
BBD49619-34D6-424A-B9CC-D99247FF6AED.jpeg

Here’s a DD climate control panel from my spares box.

A2 front:
313FB003-834F-4946-8A51-93CB61FD7648.jpeg

A2 rear:
7742C1EE-698C-45EA-806E-15C6FCB3A8AB.jpeg

They do look quite simulate but wondering if anyone else has had success using the 8L item.

There’s probably good reason why it’s not come up on a search as I guess it’s not compatible.

Very happy to hear from someone who has tried this in the past.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi Tom,
Looking at the pictures, there doesn’t appear to be enough ‘meat’ on the bottom corners of the A3 panel to enable it to be matched to the A2 profile. However, it may be possible to build up the panel if too small and have this refinished by James @jp.oog
Steve

Hi Tom,
Looking at the pictures, there doesn’t appear to be enough ‘meat’ on the bottom corners of the A3 panel to enable it to be matched to the A2 profile. However, it may be possible to build up the panel if too small and have this refinished by James @jp.oog
Steve
Morning Steve,

Thanks for joining in. Appreciated.

Looking closer at the 8L item I can see exactly what you mean. Agree that it would be quite simple to build up the corners and/or sides if need be.

James @jp.oog what’s your thoughts on refurbishing this item if I choose to purchase it and build up as Steve suggests.

Kind regards,

Tom

Morning all,

I’ve searched the clubs pages and cannot find an answer to my following question.

Has anyone attempted to trim an A3 8L Climate Control Panel to make it fit the A2s aperture:

A3 8L front:
View attachment 83949

A3 8L rear:
View attachment 83950

Here’s a DD climate control panel from my spares box.

A2 front:
View attachment 83951

A2 rear:
View attachment 83954

They do look quite simulate but wondering if anyone else has had success using the 8L item.

There’s probably good reason why it’s not come up on a search as I guess it’s not compatible.

Very happy to hear from someone who has tried this in the past.

Kind regards,

Tom

Do you need a heated panel tom as I have a couple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morning Steve,

Thanks for joining in. Appreciated.

Looking closer at the 8L item I can see exactly what you mean. Agree that it would be quite simple to build up the corners and/or sides if need be.

James @jp.oog what’s your thoughts on refurbishing this item if I choose to purchase it and build up as Steve suggests.

Kind regards,

Tom

Do you need a heated panel tom as I have a couple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Morning Edward,

I don’t specifically need a heated seat panel but was looking for a reasonably priced one anyway, just on the of chance that I add heated seat to 250 in the future.

I have considered cutting the H shaped holes out for the switches in my spares panel shown above. Whilst I think I could accurately achieve this, it’s adding a transparent white infill (on a separate cut out) for the illumination to show through when the lights are on. Again this is achievable but probably just too much work.

Please do send me a PM with pictures along with prices. So far I can obtain the 8L item for £40 but will need to spend a further £25 getting James to refurbish it after I have extended the corners and possibly the sides.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi,
Yes it shoud be possible. I wonder if a plastic primer and then a spray filler should do it. Then I can paint/ lacquer it in the usual way to match refurbished buttons.
James

Hi Tom,

I take it from context you want to end up with a single din climate.

While not the same I thought about something similiar, I posted some pictures that may help add insight.

Andy
Afternoon Andrew,

Not sure how I missed your linked thread. It’s exactly what I’m asking so thank you for pointing to it.

As I’m upgrading 250 to DD Dashboard I was hoping to locate a reasonably priced heated seat variation for future retrofitting. I already have a ‘normal’ DD climate control panel but was toying with the 8L item. Think I’m suitably put off the idea now.

Thanks again for the input.

Kind regards,

Tom

Afternoon Andrew,

Not sure how I missed your linked thread. It’s exactly what I’m asking so thank you for pointing to it.

As I’m upgrading 250 to DD Dashboard I was hoping to locate a reasonably priced heated seat variation for future retrofitting. I already have a ‘normal’ DD climate control panel. It was toying with the 8L item. Think I’m suitably out off the idea now.

Thanks again for the input.

Kind regards,

Tom
Apologies, the double din in the thread title did not sink in.

Actually I thought it might work for double din, but not this one with the damage at the top left.

What's put you off?

Andy

Apologies, the double din in the thread title did not sink in.

Actually I thought it might work for double din, but not this one with the damage at the top left.

What's put you off?

Andy
Evening Andrew,

What’s putting me off is the bottom corners needing to be extended a few mm’s. I was simply trying to find a bargain priced heated seat DD climate control panel option for Project 250.

The price I can get this 8L item for turns out to be £45, add £25 for James to make it look amazing after I’ve added to the corners and it’s suddenly become similarly priced to the expensive A2 item. Might as well get the factory item.

Whilst I’d have no issue spending the money, I really want to see what upgrades can be achieved on 250 at absolute bargain prices. I guess it’s a personal challenge I have with myself. No actual figure in mind, just want it to have everything possible at a fraction of the cost you’d expect to pay.

Kind regards,

Tom

A4 B5 unit?? Can not quite tell if the lower part of the panel has the same issues as the A3 unit.

1628639256056.png

another image..

1628639398506.png

How about this...

Hello Graham,

I’ve already discounted this type as the top of the fascia is quite different. It would involve more work to get it right.

Great price though even just for the heated seat switches alone.

Kind regards,

Tom

There appear to be two types. One has the intake grille built onto the fascia the other it is built into the trim surround for the climate panel.

Does anybody manage to find out something? Only the A3 looks very similar. I want a double din A2 AC panel but not for my monthly payment.

Back