ABS wheel sensor fault code

Yamagar1

After approx. 14 miles the ABS warning light comes on with a screech and the ABS symbol stays illuminated. My comment is only 15 miles so when i get back in the car the light has gone out and will then come on again after another 12 - 14 miles on the way home. The attached is the warning after scanning for codes. I did remove the front wheel to look at the sensor, I cleaned the connector with contact cleaner but could not unscrew the sensor as the allen bolt was too corroded (aagh). The car has only done 28k miles.
I am assuming it is an issue with the sensor but before stripping down to removing the disc guard to get at the sensor bolt is there anything else I should consider first?

Check the loom that runs from the sensor up into the engine bay for damage.

I had the same error code, replaced the sensor, then the loom and it was still happening. It turned out to be the ABS ring in the bearing that was damaged.

Check loom but to establish if the sensor is duff I remember posts about using a multimeter to measure resistance and comparing to 'good' values on another wheel(s). No chance I can remember Ohmn values but if you search you might come across something, but if the o/s/f is completely different to the other (matching) three it will say everything.

Andy

Thanks for all the help.
My electrical skills are limited but I have a test meter somewhere. Is there a noddy’s guide to how I test the sensor?
The loom looks like new it’s only done 28k miles.
Also is it easy to get to get to the bearing to see the ring the sensor picks up from, or is there info on the site?

Look at the loom on the suspension leg they rub there and cause codes....if the wire is just broken it could be making contact when stationary then pulling apart when driven giving the appearance of the fault coming and going.....the ABS will carry out a self test on start up with the loom connected and say all is OK and put the warning light out......but after a few miles the contact breaks and the light comes on and throws a code

Sensor replaced and the loom checked, no sign of any wear or rubbing. The fault stayed away for 150 miles but Its now back. The only other thing I did was squirt some wd40 down the sensor hole and let it drain out from the bottom. I am going to take the sensor out flush the señor ring and use suction to take out any dirt or debris to see if this is a factor.

Also check that where the sensor sits is not rusty, if it is it could be pushing the sensor out of range of the ring, how is the ring can you see the segments through the sensor hole, are they complete and not too rusty...?

Back