AC Overhaul.

Little Dog

A2OC Donor
European-Union
The condenser and radiator on my A2 have have had their cooling capacity significantly reduced by stone chip impacts:

IMG_6888.JPG

So I bought myself a radiator and condenser. I was also advised to buy a dryer and genuine Audi O rings which I also bought.

IMG_6886.JPG

I'm looking for a garage that will vac the system for me as a fist step and I have checked the Audi manual. The dryer is referred to as a reservoir that must be topped up with fridge oil. Also the type of oil is dependent on the compressor that is fitted.

A2 AC.jpg

I this correct? Which hole does the oil go in? Any tips? Is there anything I have missed?

I thought the job was simply vac it, fix it, gas it.

Thanks for the link @spike, the guide does indeed suggest that oil volumes should be set correctly in new components. Now to identify the correct oil,

Morning Phil,

When I purchased my new Denso air conditioning compressor I also purchased some PAG Oil. It was not actually needed as it came pre-filled with the correct amount.

To help you understand in more detail…

This link is quite helpful and explains about PAG oil.

This link explains the PAG Oil quantity. (165-195cc)

This link explains the refrigerant quantity. (500-550g)

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Tom

The condenser and radiator on my A2 have have had their cooling capacity significantly reduced by stone chip impacts:

View attachment 83567

So I bought myself a radiator and condenser. I was also advised to buy a dryer and genuine Audi O rings which I also bought.

View attachment 83568

I'm looking for a garage that will vac the system for me as a fist step and I have checked the Audi manual. The dryer is referred to as a reservoir that must be topped up with fridge oil. Also the type of oil is dependent on the compressor that is fitted.

View attachment 83569

I this correct? Which hole does the oil go in? Any tips? Is there anything I have missed?

I'm about to take on this task, do you happen to have the part numbers for the Audi O rings please?
Thanks.

PAG 46 if memory serves me right. That is what I put in and what I will be putting in. I just cannot remember where I got this information in ELSA.

Micks Garage at Kirkby Lonsdale, where our A2 is today folllowing recommendation from another A2OC Member, advertise Air Con. Full Service for £40 plus VAT which sounds very reasonable. Expect they can do any job you need on Air Con.

View attachment 83567

View attachment 83568

View attachment 83569

My only advice before a refill is get a vacuum dye test first to check for leaks. I did the same job on my Land Rover only to find a refrigerant pipe needed also replacing due to tiny holes from corrosion.

I'm about to take on this task, do you happen to have the part numbers for the Audi O rings please?
Thanks.
Sorry I binned the bags, with labels and part numbers, last week when I finally completed the job.

Edit; I see you have been pointed towards 7Zap. You will get the main seal numbers there but I don't think it lists the pressure switch seal.

Last edited:
Back