accelerator pedal travel

wendy

I have Audi A2 2001 1400 Se . the pedal seems to have too much travel before it bites. any suggestions please. x

hi wendy
im Surprised no ones offered any help , but our A2s are fly by wire , there is no throttle cable just a pedal that turns some kind of electronic sensor , maybe if you can explain further i may be able to help, ive even got a spare pedal assembly complete somewhere if it does turn out to be faulty thow unsure if theres any difference between a petrol one and diesel as my spare is. how much travel of pushing the pedal before the revs pick up , and once revs pick up does further travel downwards on the pedal increase the revs , like for like as such as may be the case your not use to a fly by wire throttle as feels totally different to a cable set up.

- gary

Are we definitely talking about the accelerator pedal or the clutch pedal? The mention of the bite has left me slightly confused.

Cheers,

Tom

Sorry for delay, gave up with the site as no response lol. thank you for reply. When I press throttle it goes down a fraction with no response similar to a clutch that bite half way down so its hard to pull away quick ect x

Hi yes throttle , it goes down a short way before it reacts to you, like a clutch biting half way down. thank you for reply x

Hi Wendy, sorry to read that you are having trouble and that it hasn't been resolved yet.

I'm not technically minded when it comes to cars; especially compared to the wealth of experience on here; I'm sure the advice will keep on coming from those in the know. Just a way out of the box thought though; have you checked the footwell to make sure that the mat isn't fouling the accelerator pedal? I just wondered, if even possible, that if initial pedal travel was obstructed then the throttle might not be registering the force of your foot until you are pressing much more firmly. I guess you'll instinctively know if there is any resistance when applying pressure to the accelerator.

youv possibly a fault with the pedal sensor, but beyond my knowledge im affraid and only got my diesel hear so cant even check how far the pedal travels before the engine revs pick up for you, perhaps another member can, so you can compair the results to see if youv something amiss

You also have to bear in mind that there is an amount of travel before anything happens.

On mine t is about 2 inches and that is the way it comes from the factory.

So unless yours is genuinely travelling half way before anything happens, then it may not be a fault.

Steve B

Hi Darren no pedal is all free and easy, I think it may just be that I am not used to fly by wire. I have been driving it for 2 weeks now and finding it heaps better. thanks

Thanks Steve, I think it is probably me then as I expected instant power. I have got used to it now and not a problem like it was.

Are your wheels 15" or 16" as a spare would have to match the size of your existing wheels ?. I am sure that once we know there may be a member that can assist. :)

Last edited:
To be on the safe side I would post an ad in the wanted section for a spare 16" wheel or spacesaver with a good tyre. Wheels from other model cars do vary in size and may not fit.

Ta
Dave
:)

Last edited:
To be on the safe side I would post an ad in the wanted section for a spare 16" wheel or spacesaver with a good tyre. Wheels from other model cars do vary in size and may not fit.

Ta
Dave
:)

It took me two attempts to reply to this one Dave because I was blinded by the shine from your new avatar pic :D

Back