Advice on Interior trim paint and Glove Box handle

leosun76

So - a fresh smelling car and damaged interior components :-(

A while back had my car serviced and the long short a nice smelly was hung from my mirror after the service, later cleaned the car and moved it from hanging(don't like things hanging off my interior mirror) and hung it off the gear-lever. Anyway, forgot about it and left it for a while - only to find wherever that thing touched my plastic trim it damaged the paint and in some cases ate into it! ?

As can be seen on the first image - so my question is how easy is it to remove the centre console so I can give it a make-over with new paint but also, a while back I ordered Soul Black Spray paint from Germany, it may match the carpets which is more of a grey black but does not match the Black plastic trim if that makes sense. Can anyone help me with the correct colour and type of finish please for the black trim?

I have been collecting bits over last couple of years to replace anything that shows wear and at great cost bought a whole new cubby hole but the lid did not come with the handle which broke on my current lid. Anyone know of a pristine one lying around somewhere please?(When I bought the car when it was 3 years old there was a squeak coming from the cubby and it also had a mark on the lid, so can't wait to take it out and replace with this after upgrading the sound system in the car.)

Attachments

• IMG_9404.jpg
    IMG_9404.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_9403.jpg
    IMG_9403.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 205
centre consul is held in with about 12 torx head screws, you need to remove at least one of the front seats, the two side panels that go to the pedals / passenger feet (passenger side has a hidden screw up near the front). Then remove the piece in front of the gear change, and the two wings on either side (two torx head screws per side)
unclip the hand break handle, remove the rest of the cover. remove the coin holder
undo the 13mm nuts (two off) which secure the hand brake mechanism and lift the mechanism of the studs
unclip the retainer for the gear knob
The centre console is now free to lift out

I think I have a mint condition silver glove box handle as I ended up buying two a year or so ago, £15 plus £3 postage if you want it
whilst the glove box is out you may also want one of my light switch repair pieces as they are nearly always broken £3.50 if you want one and dead easy to fit with the glove box out of the car

centre consul is held in with about 12 torx head screws, you need to remove at least one of the front seats, the two side panels that go to the pedals / passenger feet (passenger side has a hidden screw up near the front). Then remove the piece in front of the gear change, and the two wings on either side (two torx head screws per side)
unclip the hand break handle, remove the rest of the cover. remove the coin holder
undo the 13mm nuts (two off) which secure the hand brake mechanism and lift the mechanism of the studs
unclip the retainer for the gear knob
The centre console is now free to lift out

I think I have a mint condition silver glove box handle as I ended up buying two a year or so ago, £15 plus £3 postage if you want it
whilst the glove box is out you may also want one of my light switch repair pieces as they are nearly always broken £3.50 if you want one and dead easy to fit with the glove box out of the car
That is awesome thanks for that! Yes to both please if the handle has no marks on it please ??????

Pictures attached - its as mint a one as I have ever seen :) and even as the spring attached

PM on its way with payment details

Cheers,
Paul

IMG-0116.JPG
index.php

Attachments

• IMG-0115.JPG
    IMG-0115.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 415
Back