Advice please

Doodsea

Could anybody tell me what the value of a 2001 1.4 petrol with 88000 miles is please. My wife's car has electrical problems and MOT due in 3 weeks. I have spent £300 on it already this month with estimation of £200 to £500 for electrics plus MOT. My opinion is it's time to scrap it

Difficult to say really, the market is all over the place at the moment and a lot of its value depends on its condition and history. With an MOT it might make £750-£1000 if you have long enough to wait for the right buyer. Without one, it's scrap value only for sure.

As a suggestion you might think about talking to Andy @Clackers on this forum, he's not far from you. While it's still driveable he may be able to take it in and give you back a reasonable slice of what you've already spent on it. If he can give it a new lease of life from his parts stock, he'll fix it, he'll only break it if it's too far gone.

Difficult to say really, the market is all over the place at the moment and a lot of its value depends on its condition and history. With an MOT it might make £750-£1000 if you have long enough to wait for the right buyer. Without one, it's scrap value only for sure.

As a suggestion you might think about talking to Andy @Clackers on this forum, he's not far from you. While it's still driveable he may be able to take it in and give you back a reasonable slice of what you've already spent on it. If he can give it a new lease of life from his parts stock, he'll fix it, he'll only break it if it's too far gone.
Thanks very much for replying.
Apart from a scratch on the front wing it's very good condition, I just don't trust it, it will run fine for days or weeks and then cut out or will start and only tick over, leave it an hour it will start and run fine again. I get an error code that is not listed

Do you think Andy Could sort it out for me?

You could ask him but I think rescuing A2's is more a hobby for him rather than a service he offers. He may be able to scan it for you though, I think he has full VCDS. That would get the correct error code and the explanation of it.

You could also do worse than post up full details with symptoms & codes that you have obtained so far, there's a lot of wisdom among the forum membership.

You could ask him but I think rescuing A2's is more a hobby for him rather than a service he offers. He may be able to scan it for you though, I think he has full VCDS. That would get the correct error code and the explanation of it.

You could also do worse than post up full details with symptoms & codes that you have obtained so far, there's a lot of wisdom among the forum membership.
I have tried
I get P0023 vag 16407 Bank 2 camshaft (Exhaust) position actuator malfunction intermittent intermittent. Members say it it's timing but how can timing be intermittent.
Vag 01314 Engine Control Module static interrogate fault memory. No body could answer that. All this happened after the egr valve was changed, that was the only fault at the time and now never comes up.
I'm not very good at navigating this forum, could you possibly post for me.

I have tried
I get P0023 vag 16407 Bank 2 camshaft (Exhaust) position actuator malfunction intermittent intermittent. Members say it it's timing but how can timing be intermittent.
Vag 01314 Engine Control Module static interrogate fault memory. No body could answer that. All this happened after the egr valve was changed, that was the only fault at the time and now never comes up.
Where did you get the egr valve from? I have known somebody buy a cheap Chinese one and have more problems than he did before...replaced it with a genuine one and it ran perfectly ever since...just a thought

Was the EGR valve adapted after fitted using VCDS? You can't just bolt it on and go. Also the rule of thumb is only to fit Pierburg EGRs as others fail to adapt correctly.

I have tried

Which version of vdcs are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Doodsea
You can have a look at this map to see if there are anyone near you ?

Cheers
dieselfan

@Doodsea
You can have a look at this map to see if there are anyone near you ?

Cheers
dieselfan
Thanks very much
Typical no one within 130 miles

Back